2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The obvious Dual Climate controls are both set Hi - yet drivers side and central vent are blowing cold ambient air, whilst the passenger side is giving out the expected heated air...

Is this a common problem or am I just lucky. ;-)

I did a quick search and this thread seems exact the same problem but there didn't seem to be any resolution..

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-faults-irritations/84706-driver-heater-vent-blowing-cold.html

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be drivers motor bad mate. So it doesn't react on temperature change. You can easy see if it works or not when you change temperature.
Driver's side has no change to temp setting - it just blows in whatever the outside air is, which at the moment - even though mild for December - is not fun.

The passenger side seems to work fine.

Not sure how the rear is but am off for a drive today and will have sprog in rear seats so will hear how they get on...

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Motors need to change position on tenperature change. Passangers only get air from front and under seats. No motor control for rear side, only front

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Motors need to change position on tenperature change. Passangers only get air from front and under seats. No motor control for rear side, only front

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Will have a fiddle with the heating controls when we are all on the road shortly.

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Will have a fiddle with the heating controls when we are all on the road shortly.

You can see when your parked if motors is moving (by sound or looking at it). Divers motor is just on left above footrest.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By accident rather than design I have been off/away from the forum for a chunk of time.... didnt get this matter sorted and we are now into AC season - the air con works fine all round.

Will aim to explore this again before winter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts