2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, my 2.2ictdi civic starts perfectly in the morning but during the day when the engine gets hot struggles to start. anyone had this issue?

battery tested ok, alternator replaced last year, oem

currently on 240.000kms

exhaust manifold @ 200.000kms (oem)
alternator @ 220.000kms (oem)
suspension at 240.000kms (4 sachs oems)

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,920 Posts
Not sure what you mean by 'struggles to start'? Is the starter cranking the engine properly every time? If so, then poor hot starting will almost certainly be due to the fuel rail failing to reach the required pressure because either the rail pressure relief valve is letting fuel drain back to the tank, or at least one injector has has an excessive leak-back flow, more info here... How to diagnose and replace a faulty over pressure relief valve on a 2006 2.2 i-CTDi

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jon, It was the battery, these batteries are weird, it seemed ok even to my local mechanics testing machines. A former chief mechanic from Honda (closed in my town sadly) told me to check the battery which I did at Bosch Car service with all their fancy tools. New battery no more issues!

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,920 Posts
Thanks Jon, It was the battery, these batteries are weird, it seemed ok even to my local mechanics testing machines. A former chief mechanic from Honda (closed in my town sadly) told me to check the battery which I did at Bosch Car service with all their fancy tools. New battery no more issues!
Thanks for the feedback. Glad it was an easy fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts