2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the pleasure of joining Colin at Donington yesterday for a track day which was organised by Lotus on Track. Didn't take my own car out as I wanted to see how the day was run, how people drove on track etc etc.

Went out on several runs in Colin's car and have to say it is superb! The car sounds fantastic and feels so planted it is unbelieveable, I now have an idea of just how little of my car's ability I use.

Big thanks to Colin (top bloke).

Pictures of the event shown below, typesgt4me will be adding to these over the next few days.

Attachments

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Nice pics! Looked like a good day for it too ;-)

Reactions: Staffs Deltic

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Given you a bit more yearning for your planned mods then? :p
Actually changed my mind on what I want tbh. Improving the power was top of the table, however now I will probably look at lighter wheels, harness, then possibly some new brakes.:)

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Had the pleasure of joining Colin at Donington yesterday for a track day which was organised by Lotus on Track. Didn't take my own car out as I wanted to see how the day was run, how people drove on track etc etc.

Went out on several runs in Colin's car and have to say it is superb! The car sounds fantastic and feels so planted it is unbelieveable, I now have an idea of just how little of my car's ability I use.

Big thanks to Colin (top bloke).

Pictures of the event shown below, typesgt4me will be adding to these over the next few days.
Wow what a great was had yesterday!

My mate Paul (Staffs Deltic) had been invited along by Colin to this event and as I had finished my week of night shifts on Mon morn thought it was too good an opportunity to miss, so 20 mins after getting home, quick freshen up and a brew got picked up for an early start.

Once we arrived Colin was already there, getting the car ready for the days running, change of wheels, harness in etc. We joined him in the drivers briefing where everything was explained on rules for overtaking, flags and anything else for the day. When asked question if any novice track day drivers there, no hands went up, so glad me and Paul weren't taking part to have nearly 40 pairs of eyes turn and look at us!

After the briefing the cars then went out for 3 laps behind a pace car to get a feel of the track and sighting markers. Once that was over the cars were free to come and go as you pleased for the day with an hours break for lunch.

So my first run out with Colin came after Paul had been out, and got to say it was fantastic! Out of the pit lane and Colin just launches it into the first right hander and you think we not going make this, but the car stuck to the track like glue and handled superbly. The noise from his set up makes it sound like a touring car. Mine has got similar power to Colin's but his got it down really well and seemed alot quicker. The laps were great and gave you such a buzz, its ok we all like to have a quick blast on the road when we can (legally) but this made it feel where the car belongs and comes alive it is something I will be looking into for next year.

There was also quite a few other Honda cars from Hondas on Track, including a standard FN2 (just Ferrodo pads) which must have surprised a few people how well the car goes and handles. Think he needed going into Parc Ferme for scrutineering!

Another guy I was talking to had a modded EP3 which went and sounded great, offered me a passenger trip, but, if he hadn't spent the previous five minutes saying how bad his brakes felt that day I might have taken up his offer!!

Thanks again to Colin for a fantastic day, and giving me the opportunity
to see what the FN2 can actually do. :D

Pics to follow once sorted!

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Great write up and pix guys, thanks for sharing. Would love to drive some laps around Donny, such a class track...

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
Love his car... but don't tell him!!! ;)

Alan..

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Some pics from during the day.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Other pics from the day.

Attachments

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
nice photos lads !! :) did no one take a stopwatch for the lap times ? ;)

Reactions: Staffs Deltic
1 - 20 of 49 Posts