2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Today I traded in my trusty 8th Gen 2.2 EX. Initially I was very pleased with it driving back on the short hop from Peterborough to West Cornwall :wink3:

But, after stopping at Bristol, on restarting I noticed that the Passenger Airbag text above the icons stayed on. (See attached). The icon lights went out but the text stayed illuminated.

Have I pressed something? I'm sure this wasn't lit before I stopped. Does this indicate a problem?

As usual any help/advice will be gratefully received. It has certainly took the edge off my initial joy!

shaft

Attachments

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reassurance tkop! So are you saying that it's a girl's car? :wink3:

Anyway, at least now I can stop stressing and start enjoying!! (It is bloody annoying though!)

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
As said totes normal.
If you use a phone holder that fits in on ir around the central air vent your phone mostly blocks it from view:wink3:

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Yup, always there unfortunately - Even more annoying just after starting when the giant orange warning light is pointed directly at your face, especially if you're somewhere dark - You get a nice orange "child being slammed into airbag" heads up display for the first minute or so.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,307 Posts
Yup, always there unfortunately - Even more annoying just after starting when the giant orange warning light is pointed directly at your face, especially if you're somewhere dark - You get a nice orange "child being slammed into airbag" heads up display for the first minute or so.
It stays on too if you disable the passenger side Airbag. I think it's to let you know if it's on or off in case you put a child seat in the front.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts