2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wife & Civics to support
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just to introduce myself as I am a new member and will be collecting our new civic this Christmas. I have owned 6 Honda motorcycles previously and they have all been fantastic. Although this will be my first Honda car (owned Toyota's previously) my expectations are high. I'm hoping the build quality is up to the standards of their bikes.

So Merry Christmas to one and all and I will post again once I have opened the best ever Christmas present. (God knows how Santa's going to get it down the chimney)

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Welcome NighthawkES to the forum and a Merry Christmas to you too!

I have just taken delivery of my new NHB Civic and I can tell you the car is fantastic in every way. In my opinion you will be very happy.

Don't forget to post some pics of your christmas present when you get it.

·
Wife & Civics to support
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Previous Honda Bikes

Hello,
My previous Honda bikes in order are:- Honda MT50 Trials, CD185 commuter, CD200 Commuter, CM200 Custom, CX500 Sports, CDX750 Sports and at present I still own a Honda FMX650 supermoto. But unfortunately I am in the process of repairing it as 6 months ago a pedal cyclist cut out across my path causing me to swerve and crash. This resulted in multiple fractures to my shin and hand. Still I'm on the mend now and really looking forward to collecting the 2.2 civic. A couple of months more should also see me back on the Honda FMX650.

Thanks for the replies. Seems to be a really nice forum. Says a lot about the type of people that appreciate Honda's

·
Wife & Civics to support
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi Munro,
The CBX750F was indeed the one with the hydraulic self adjusting tappets. It also had a rev limiter which used to kick in to prevent the engine from blowing up. Had it from new in 1984 and it proved to be a fantastic bike. 100% reliable and at the time, very fast. 0-60 in 4sec, 98bhp and a top speed of around 130mph. Not so good on the old back muscles though. The FMX650 supermoto is far kinder to the back and much more fun to ride despite the drastic drop in perfomance in comparison. Only has 38bhp, one cylinder and top speed of around 100mph. But what it has got is loads and loads of low and mid range torque and thats where the fun factor is. It's actually sold as "The Fun Moto". Great for commuting (with the exception of pedal cyclists pulling out in front of you!!!!). Only a short range Fuel tank though.
I love the look of your silver R type. Must admit though, when we went to see our 2.2ES there was a Black R type next to it and it looked fantastic.

Regards NighthawkES

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
congrats with the new car, i hope to pick up my 2.2 gt this weekend as well. just hoping that holdcroft can get a manager in on the sunday so i can do the transfer. fingers crossed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts