2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason the Green ACC & LKAS lights are no longer showing green on my dash and the cruise control doesn't seem to be functioning either.

Tried switching the collision mitigation on and off using the button but no difference.

Its definitely not working as it usually activates when cars turn left in front of me but this didn't happen tonight on the journey home.

I thought it would have flagged up if the system wasn't functioning correctly but no.

Anything I can do prior to calling the dealer?

·
Registered
871 Posts
You say the ACC and LKAS indicators are no longer showing green, what are they showing?

Not showing at all? Main switch been pressed so system is off perhaps?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You say the ACC and LKAS indicators are no longer showing green, what are they showing?

Not showing at all? Main switch been pressed so system is off perhaps?
Up until now the ACC and LKAS have always shown up in green text, now there is nothing.

I dont really understand why previously the LKAS was showing up green even though it wasn't activated with the button, seems a bit weird.

I have cleaned all the sensors and tried switching the system on and off but it makes no difference.

The cruise control is completely dead.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Up until now the ACC and LKAS have always shown up in green text, now there is nothing.

I dont really understand why previously the LKAS was showing up green even though it wasn't activated with the button, seems a bit weird.

I have cleaned all the sensors and tried switching the system on and off but it makes no difference.

The cruise control is completely dead.
Sounds foobar - Dealer job imo

·
Registered
871 Posts
Sound like it’s turned off with the “MAIN” switch on the steering wheel, just re-press it to turn ACC and LKAS back to ready.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Sound like it’s turned off with the “MAIN” switch on the steering wheel,
just re-press it to turn ACC and LKAS back to ready.
That's what it seems like, but couldn't possibly be that simple. You would have to give the OP enough credit to know how to turn on the cruise control. :smile3:
It defaults to off when the engine is switched off anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Mine doesn't. 'Main' stays on and the ACC and LKAS indicators are green from a cold start. The LKAS is not activated though.
I have never known cruise control to stay active after an ignition cycle.
Is your car CVT by any chance?

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
I have a 1.0 manual and mine also stays active, I.e. via the ‘Main’ switch. The saved speed is not saved after the engine is switched off though. I now just keep the ‘Main’ switch on so ‘ACC and LKAS are always displayed in green.

·
4,249 Posts
I have never known cruise control to stay active after an ignition cycle.
Is your car CVT by any chance?
No.
As above "The saved speed is not saved after the engine is switched off though." Neither the ACC nor LKAS is activated. Just the LKAS and ACC indicators on in green indicating the 'Main' is on, as if you switch 'Main' off the ACC and LKAS green indicators go AWOL. I have to press the LKAS button to actually activate it and the 'Set' button to activate ACC.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Sound like it’s turned off with the “MAIN” switch on the steering wheel, just re-press it to turn ACC and LKAS back to ready.
This would be my guess as well. Mistakenly turned off the system by pressing the main button. If there was something malfunctioning they turn amber and you get a system check warning in the center area of the dash.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks guys, its not the main button. I do have some clue....lol.

I found something online about switching off cruise control by holding down the distance button. I will try that.

Im pretty sure there is a malfunction though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mine doesn't. 'Main' stays on and the ACC and LKAS indicators are green from a cold start. The LKAS is not activated though.
Yeah, i find it weird that the LKAS light is on even though not activated. You would think it would only come on after pressing the button below the wheel.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thanks guys, its not the main button. I do have some clue....lol.

I found something online about switching off cruise control by holding down the distance button. I will try that.

Im pretty sure there is a malfunction though.
Doesn't apply to the Euro version unfortunately. Tried that already, it's supposed to switch between ACC and CC. Dealer time I'm afraid. Keep us posted.

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
Ok....user error, "My Bad" as they say. Turns out I haven't a clue and should RTFM before spouting off on forums.

I had to hit MAIN & then LIM a couple times to cycle the ACC & LKAS mode back on.

All working again.

·
4,249 Posts
I must have aRTFM as well as I've never heard of that one. I wish I could switch from ACC to CC. I find ACC is always sticking the brakes on instead of running a bit closer on the overrun.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts