·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a bit weird, I'll try and add another picture.

They were dead easy to get on, I just struggled getting the old ones off just because I was too lazy to take the front wheels off ?

If you have an angled screwdrivery it's a doddle, one piece of kit I don't have, typical ?

They do come with the plastic clips attached so at least if you break any getting the old ones off there's more to hand ?

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Lensos looked lost with the grey arches, the black of the tyres against the arch gap and the grey trims looked too much, so I was on a mission to get the arches sorted. Thankfully by buying the ones on fleabay it's saved me £60 going by the quote I've had from local body shops, plus they come with a 12 month warranty ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do it! Do it! ? I'm a tight wad, I'm from Yorkshire after all lol, and I was a little sceptical paying that kind of money for 'bits of plastic' but I'm so chuffed I did.

Personally I think they should all be done by Honda as standard but I guess sone people might prefer the grey trims ?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Colour coded wheel arch trims for Civic 2012-2016 are available as a genuine accessory now, Available from any Honda dealer. Retail price inc VAT is £242.00

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That seems cheap bearing in mind their scandalous prices for a lot of things, that's cheaper than some of the quotes I was getting for simply spraying the existing arches up ?

Perth Honda ocassional get various accessories, fuel caps, chrome trims etc and they seem very reasonable when they advertise them on ebay, I'm now following them for any updated items ?

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
That seems cheap bearing in mind their scandalous prices for a lot of things, that's cheaper than some of the quotes I was getting for simply spraying the existing arches up ?

Perth Honda ocassional get various accessories, fuel caps, chrome trims etc and they seem very reasonable when they advertise them on ebay, I'm now following them for any updated items ?
If you want any shiny black wing mirrors, dash vent decorations or shiny sports fuel tank lids I have stock.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At the mo the only thing I'm after is probably a black fuel cap cover, the car modding fund is slowly being eaten into by tattoos ?

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
anyone got any other pictures ? im thinking of this for my facelift civic

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
These will be a new set of arches but colour coded and having had ours done at Honda before we took delivery I can not recommend this mod enough. Why Honda did not doe this at the factory to be fair is beyond me

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
These will be a new set of arches but colour coded and having had ours done at Honda before we took delivery I can not recommend this mod enough. Why Honda did not doe this at the factory to be fair is beyond me
i wonder which is the cheapest way to go - a new set of these or get a local painter to spray existing set?

Cheers,
Mick

·
Super Moderator
2,354 Posts
i wonder which is the cheapest way to go - a new set of these or get a local painter to spray existing set?

Cheers,
Mick
all depends how cheap or dear your local bodyshop is
but modern painting is not cheap and also with painting to plastic etch primers and such like will be needed
it would be cheaper painting a full large panel than 4 wheel arch's
but it looks so much better its worth it regardless which route you take

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Honda now do a civic with these colour coded as standard so by far the cheapest option will be to buy these arches from Honda as the paint finish will be perfect and at around £50 per arch will be good value as well

·
Premium Member
82 Posts

Cheers,
Mick
just got a price from honda in bray, Ireland

The parts are €375 plus about €60 to fit plus VAT so total €493

1 - 20 of 58 Posts