2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
ummm not sure, might be the silver though.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I have to admit,the colour coded bumpers and trim make a big difference as to the look of the car.

·
Registered
975 Posts
good or bad though?

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks a bit plasticy at the back though - don't you think? Better than the black trim though.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Could a photoshop wizard change it so that only the sides are painted ?? I agree, the rear does look a little TOO silvery.

I think this done in a Nighthawk Black or any of the darker colours would look fantastic though.

·
Registered
230 Posts
but wouldn't doing this to a nighthawk black be useless, cos the black trim is covered anyway.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Nick said:
but wouldn't doing this to a nighthawk black be useless, cos the black trim is covered anyway.
Agreed, but it is not a pearlescant/metallic black - the same as the body work. It is a 'dull' plastic trim

·
Banned
72 Posts
Colour coded bumpers

Just spoken a salesman from Basegreen's link he said the cost would be around £850 to £1000 and took 2 weeks to complete. I do not dislike it but not sure if I like it any better if that makes sense - it definitely changes the appearance of the car. I had a CRV a few years back and had the similar plastic trim, colour coded by a Honda dealer it looked great but all parts had to be stripped, heated then painted then finally baked in an over after painting not sure of the cost then as it was part of the purchase price. A guy I know wanted the same job done but thought Honda to expensive he got his sprayed at a local body shop for £200 and at the time rubbed it in. 6 months later it started to flake before he sold this car he painstakingly completely stripped all paint from the trim and used back to black to bring back some shine. When I sold my car 2 years after painting it was fine. Defiantly not a DIY job

I dream my painting, and then I paint my dream. (in Milano Red I hope)
Vincent Van Gogh

·
Registered
230 Posts
i wonder if you can get this done in conjunction with the image pack (full bodykit), because that costs around 1400 to 1500 and then painting the sides will be cheaper because theres less parts to paint, so maybe can ask for a discount aswell?

·
Banned
72 Posts
Colour coded bumpers

I have also ordered the body kit, but I believe the kit comes in to the dealers as an accessory already painted; they then fix the kit it to the car. You may get a discount on the normal price as the more accessories you want the better % discount you get and work them hard I did (for 3 hours)and walked away happy. Mind I have seen the body kit on the silvery blue colour and on top of the non colour coded plastic trim which made it stand out, it looked so good I went back sold my new sofa and ordered the kit ( as I told the missus the floors better for her back and you can not fall of it anyway I like my old chair). Be careful it was over a month since I ordered mine but I noticed if I purchased the individual parts of the kit it was cheaper than the kit price advertised, I even got a good discount for pointing this out but it may have been changed by now. Decisions Decisions agghh!

Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
basegreen said:
It looks a bit plasticy at the back though - don't you think? Better than the black trim though.
You do this on purpose dont you....lol.

It does look better :)

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
kevin_lufc said:
basegreen said:
You do this on purpose dont you....lol.

It does look better :)
Of course I do :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts