2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly sorry I know there's lots on colour coding, but maybe this is different :grin2:

I want to get the arches and side skirts etc. on my FN3 2006 Alabaster Silver (NH-700M) colour coded. But rather than taking it to a body shop I was thinking of doing it myself.

Just wondered whether anyone has or knows of anyone who has attempted this using a spray can and how it went and any tips, even if the tip is take it to a professional and not even attempt it haha

Thanks, Gus

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
IT wont work trust me and cost of cans it self will be 70 percent of professional job at the end you will have to do it again

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I did think the cost could be an issue, especially if I wanted to do a proper job with 3-4 coats of primer and 5 coats of colour and 3 clear coats :/

Probably best sending to a body-shop but doing the preparation myself (sanding etc.) to reduce the cost I guess

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Yea I did think the cost could be an issue, especially if I wanted to do a proper job with 3-4 coats of primer and 5 coats of colour and 3 clear coats :/

Probably best sending to a body-shop but doing the preparation myself (sanding etc.) to reduce the cost I guess
Yes it make sensr good luck

Samsung S4

·
drives a shed now
1,430 Posts

Remove/refit trim yourself would reduce the costs. But check with a shop first if they are happy to take your part prep'd work!

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hadn't even considered that that could be an issue, thanks you could've have just saved me a lot of hassle, I will make sure to check first :like:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts