2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 309 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There still seems to be some interest in these, and as yet no one else has started producing them. As such I am happy to make some of these up for people, but would require an initial group buy of 10 modules.

This also means I can supply the option connectors again.

Pricing will be the same as set out by Gazbills, which is as follows:

1. Coming home lights sidelight / no DRL's - £20
2. Coming home lights sidelight / sidelight DRL's - £20
3. Coming home lights fogs / no DRL's - £20
4. Coming home lights fogs / sidelight DRL's - £20

*DRL - Daytime running lights - your denoted lights will switch on when the key is turned to position II or the car is started.

As before, all components required for installation will be included, such as the option connector, wire taps, etc. Instructions will also be provided.

For those who still have issues with modules purchased from Gazbills, or never received their module, it should be possible to work out some kind of discount if you are wanting a new module.

Depending on the interest levels I should be able to get these sent out early September.

So, anyone interested?

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
fab - thanks for starting this up chap.

Defo sign me up for one please (even though I have that broken one)......

one of these please ....Coming home lights sidelight / sidelight DRL's - £20

TBH you might need to check that the pricing makes it worth your while as it was a year ago Gazbills was doing them.

1. CDT808

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fab - thanks for starting this up chap.

Defo sign me up for one please (even though I have that broken one)......

one of these please ....Coming home lights sidelight / sidelight DRL's - £20

TBH you might need to check that the pricing makes it worth your while as it was a year ago Gazbills was doing them.

1. CDT808
I had a quick look at component costs, but will work it out properly later. I don't expect the price to be an issue though, to be honest the component cost isn't that high, even if you were only making a single one. The main cost is for the time it takes to assemble them.

It's one of those things where if you wanted a few thousand they would cost maybe a few quid each in China, but anything less than that there isn't a lot you can do.

What I will look at is any improvements I can make in regards to the module quality.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
I would also be interested as I have been waiting since November last year for this off gaz lol.
Hopefully you can provide a decent service for the members let me know if you go ahead with it
Thanks

I all ready have footwell lights installed does this make it easier to fit this kit ?

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
Hi, would this work on the 9G Civic?

I have foot well lights fitted that come on and then dim with the interior lights, I think I remember reading that I could tap into those for the module, would that be right?

But it seems the pins on the option connector on the 9G seem to do different things depending on what spec the car is. Would that be a problem, or just a case of working out which pin did what?

I would be interested in coming home lights sidelight / no DRLs

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would also be interested as I have been waiting since November last year for this off gaz lol.
Hopefully you can provide a decent service for the members let me know if you go ahead with it
Thanks

I all ready have footwell lights installed does this make it easier to fit this kit ?
The previous group buys I did went well, so I don't expect this one to be any different in terms of service etc!

Do you mean OEM footwell lights or aftermarket?

This module will come with an option connector, so apart from plugging that in you will need to find a ground (basically any bolt), and tap into the same light wire that is used in the dimming footwell lights tutorial.

Full instructions along with pictures will of course be included too.

Hi, would this work on the 9G Civic?

I have foot well lights fitted that come on and then dim with the interior lights, I think I remember reading that I could tap into those for the module, would that be right?

But it seems the pins on the option connector on the 9G seem to do different things depending on what spec the car is. Would that be a problem, or just a case of working out which pin did what?

I would be interested in coming home lights sidelight / no DRLs
I'll look into this further to get a definitive answer, but I'm fairly certain this can work on the 9G too.

Hi i would be interested if my fog lights will come on my 2007 cdti ex and work in conjunction with the foot well lights
Shouldn't be a problem. Do you have OEM or aftermarket footwell lights?

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Hi I have rickhonda's led footwell kit and wired it to some thing under the so it dims rather than go on and off if that makes sense
Does my Honda ex have a socket for option connector?
Can you confirm i should get it to work with the fog lights rather than side lights

The previous group buys I did went well, so I don't expect this one to be any different in terms of service etc!

Do you mean OEM footwell lights or aftermarket?

This module will come with an option connector, so apart from plugging that in you will need to find a ground (basically any bolt), and tap into the same light wire that is used in the dimming footwell lights tutorial.

Full instructions along with pictures will of course be included too.

I'll look into this further to get a definitive answer, but I'm fairly certain this can work on the 9G too.

Shouldn't be a problem. Do you have OEM or aftermarket footwell lights?

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi I have rickhonda's led footwell kit and wired it to some thing under the so it dims rather than go on and off if that makes sense
Does my Honda ex have a socket for option connector?
Can you confirm i should get it to work with the fog lights rather than side lights
Will work fine, since you already connected the footwell kit up it means that wire is easier to get to for this module.

Yes, you will have the correct socket.

As per advice in the previous thread for these, it would not be sensible to use the fog lights as DRLs, however it is fine to use fogs for CHL, and sidelights for DRL, or no DRL if you prefer.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I'd happily take one of these kits for my EX. Fog CHL and Side DRL please. Good work chap.

Reactions: x5252x

·
Marty says BWAAAHHH!!!
820 Posts
What about coming home foglight / foglight DRLs? Is this possible?

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What about coming home foglight / foglight DRLs? Is this possible?
It is possible, but given the legalities of using the fogs as DRLs I would highly advise against it.

·
Marty says BWAAAHHH!!!
820 Posts
I used to have a module that detected charging on the battery and put my fogs on when the headlights weren't on. Does this turn off when side lights go on? Anyway I never had a problem with that and the plod but the module broke a few months ago

Reactions: Cf75

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just to let everyone know, I will be getting all of my final testing done, and updating the thread with detailed information about the modules around September 1st, then aim to get the parts ordered in bulk for the group buy shortly after that.

I used to have a module that detected charging on the battery and put my fogs on when the headlights weren't on. Does this turn off when side lights go on? Anyway I never had a problem with that and the plod but the module broke a few months ago
I have a similar module, but never liked it due to the constant load it put on the battery even when off, wasn't huge at ~10mA, but it certainly added up when the car was left for a few days. Don't know if they are all like that though.

Anyway, in answer to your question, no, these modules do not function in that way. The DRLs will be on whenever the key is in position 2, which is why when using the sidelights for DRLs that isn't an issue.

Having said that, I am open to suggestions for improvements to these modules, or different configurations people are after, so I am happy to look into a module configuration for you that uses fogs as DRLs, but turns them off when the sidelights are on.

·
Marty says BWAAAHHH!!!
820 Posts
Just to let everyone know, I will be getting all of my final testing done, and updating the thread with detailed information about the modules around September 1st, then aim to get the parts ordered in bulk for the group buy shortly after that.

I have a similar module, but never liked it due to the constant load it put on the battery even when off, wasn't huge at ~10mA, but it certainly added up when the car was left for a few days. Don't know if they are all like that though.

Anyway, in answer to your question, no, these modules do not function in that way. The DRLs will be on whenever the key is in position 2, which is why when using the sidelights for DRLs that isn't an issue.

Having said that, I am open to suggestions for improvements to these modules, or different configurations people are after, so I am happy to look into a module configuration for you that uses fogs as DRLs, but turns them off when the sidelights are on.
One of THESE I had.

The fogs work very well as DRLs as they are bright and have a good beam direction to be noticed. I have yellow tint on mine too so the car stood out and people noticed it (which the whole point of DRLs after all)

If you could look at something like that it would be great. I assume that in all current configurations involving the fog lights the normal operation is maintained i.e. fog lights can still be turned on via stalk switch.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
One of THESE I had.

The fogs work very well as DRLs as they are bright and have a good beam direction to be noticed. I have yellow tint on mine too so the car stood out and people noticed it (which the whole point of DRLs after all)

If you could look at something like that it would be great. I assume that in all current configurations involving the fog lights the normal operation is maintained i.e. fog lights can still be turned on via stalk switch.
Interesting, didn't expect a DIY one.

I will let you know if I manage to come up with a solution.

The fog lights can still be controlled via the stalk, yes.

sorry i meant foglights as coming home lights not DRL
No worries, will sort out a list of orders shortly to make sure I've got everything right.

·
Marty says BWAAAHHH!!!
820 Posts
If it is not possible to have fog light DRLs that turn off with side lights can anyone recommend some nice bright sidelight bulbs that will be noticed during the day? I wouldn't have thought they were anywhere near powerful enough to give an attention grabbing light output.

1 - 20 of 309 Posts