2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

261 - 280 of 309 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Any news for us :)

Sent from my Elephone P7000 using Tapatalk
Still waiting on the parts to arrive! Taking ages this time, I can only assume it's due to getting closer to Christmas.

Fitted mod on Friday with no issues. Craftsmanship in the kit was spot on.
Just one question. Not playing with the mod since fitting, will it only work with the stalk in off position rather than auto?

Sean.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will work with the stalk in any position.

I actually have an issue , fitted mod as mentioned earlier above on sunday.
Some 6 hours later at 10.30pm the fog lights just came one, no matter what i tried , unlocking , locking, starting the car. turning the light stalk to manual off rather than off the fog lights do no stay off

had to remove the fuse in the end any ideas?

The wiring is connected to the footwell lighting - of which both footwell and interior lights did not come on when the fog lights just decided to come one
This will only happen if the footwell light connection is grounded, even if the wire is floating the lights will be off, so is very odd that they would just come on randomly - something has to have triggered it.

If you try disconnecting the long black cable from the footwell lights they should turn off after the ~5 seconds.

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Cool i'll try that, i can live wit it going off after 5 secs rather than the 10

Still waiting on the parts to arrive! Taking ages this time, I can only assume it's due to getting closer to Christmas.

Will work with the stalk in any position.

This will only happen if the footwell light connection is grounded, even if the wire is floating the lights will be off, so is very odd that they would just come on randomly - something has to have triggered it.

If you try disconnecting the long black cable from the footwell lights they should turn off after the ~5 seconds.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Cool i'll try that, i can live wit it going off after 5 secs rather than the 10
Sorry, my comment wasn't very well explained.

What I meant was that you can test the module by touching the long black wire to ground (then remove it), as this will activate the CHL function. It does not have any effect on the timing aspect.

Also, with that same wire not connected to anything the lights should remain off.

·
Marty says BWAAAHHH!!!
820 Posts
All gone quiet here

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Just to be clear what am i trying to confirm here ?
The issue was that my foglights just came on for no reason while parked some 6 hours later or so

Would a loose Ground, or Loose Red or black wire be the cause?
I know i have plugged into into my dimming footwell light mod (blue wire and green wire)

Sorry, my comment wasn't very well explained.

What I meant was that you can test the module by touching the long black wire to ground (then remove it), as this will activate the CHL function. It does not have any effect on the timing aspect.

Also, with that same wire not connected to anything the lights should remain off.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Fitted today, worked first time no problems.. Was kind of surprised as this sort of stuff isnt really my skill set but instructions very clear and easy to follow. Colours may be slightly confusing (some greens look like blues, some whites dont really look white) but as long as you follow the diagram and wire/pin placement, it will work.

Hardest part was fiting quick connect as that particular area is tight to get space to fit it round the wire but abit of patience (and scratched/cut fingers) and I got there. Whole job took no more than 20-30 mins. Thanks!

One thing though, I have the sidelight chl only. Is there any way I can get the headlights to come on also without buying a new module?

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
Fitted today, worked first time no problems.. Was kind of surprised as this sort of stuff isnt really my skill set but instructions very clear and easy to follow. Colours may be slightly confusing (some greens look like blues, some whites dont really look white) but as long as you follow the diagram and wire/pin placement, it will work.

Hardest part was fiting quick connect as that particular area is tight to get space to fit it round the wire but abit of patience (and scratched/cut fingers) and I got there. Whole job took no more than 20-30 mins. Thanks!

One thing though, I have the sidelight chl only. Is there any way I can get the headlights to come on also without buying a new module?

You could change it to just turn on the headlights, but not both. To do both you would need an additional relay, and I don't think I could fit two relays in the enclosures I have.

I would suggest only having one set of lights come on anyway, to limit the current draw.

I am interested as Fog lights as CHL with no DRL
Not a problem, have received your request :).

In reply to your question about the rear lights - they are connected to the front sidelights, and the same complications mentioned above apply too. If you want the rear lights to come on, then a sidelight configuration may be better.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok, how/what would I change to switch it from the sidelights to the headlights.

Also if I did make that change, from your comment you just made, are you saying that my rear lights/licence plate would no longer come on aswell?

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
Ok, how/what would I change to switch it from the sidelights to the headlights.

Also if I did make that change, from your comment you just made, are you saying that my rear lights/licence plate would no longer come on aswell?

You would need to remove the wire from the connector that goes to the sidelights pin, then you would have to attach it to the headlights wire (see installation guide for this).

Yes, the rear lights/number plate lights are all linked with the sidelights, so if you change to anything else they would not come on.

·
Registered
534 Posts
So sidelights CHL are linked to rear and number plate lights? If so please add my name to the list. Thanks

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
So sidelights CHL are linked to rear and number plate lights? If so please add my name to the list. Thanks

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Ok no problem, will change it from fog lights to sidelights.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #277
Have messaged a few people already, but if anyone would prefer not to wait for the professional PCBs to arrive then I am happy to make up boards for people like I did for the group buy modules.

However, the PCBs allow for better configurations depending on your requirements, such as:

• Disabling the Coming Home Lights when the engine is running, which means for example they will not activate if a passenger gets out of the car.
  • Turning off Daytime Running Lights when sidelights are on, which is good when using the fog lights or headlights as DRLs.
I can also accommodate other module configurations within reason, but these will usually incur additional charges based on the complexity of the module.

If you're interested in getting your module ASAP and just need a basic configuration please feel free to send me a PM and I'll sort out the payment details. Should be able to dispatch your module within 48 hours of receiving payment, providing I don't get too many people wanting their modules straight away!

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Just to mention the CHL with fog lights is working fantastic, i did have an issue, but it was loose wiring caused by me.
Well worth the money and it was a pleasure to deal with X5252X

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
Just to mention the CHL with fog lights is working fantastic, i did have an issue, but it was loose wiring caused by me.
Well worth the money and it was a pleasure to deal with X5252X
Glad you managed to get things sorted out :).

For piece of mind, all modules are individually tested before being sent out, so any issues experienced during installation should be easily resolved, and I'm happy to help if anyone does run into any problems.

As a quick reminder, instructions can be found via the following link: CHL/DRL Module Installation Guide

All pictures can be clicked on to show the full size version.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Hi

Do you do a set up where the fogs and side light both come on when locking / unlocking ?

(Sorry if it's obviously been mentioned above)

261 - 280 of 309 Posts