2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

181 - 200 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Very clean and shiny comander 2 and I'm loving that registration !
Thanks mate! I try to keep it clean every 2-4 weeks. Paintwork still looking good 2 years on from when i had it polished and coated

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
what coating did you use?
Carpro cquartz mate. Been 2 years and feel like it's on it's way out. Will get it machine polished again next year and plan to go back to waxing

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I’m using Fusso at the moment and my previous Civic had CSL+Evov3, but didn’t last as I hoped. Still I would like to apply coating, but maybe something else, not sure. Evov3 was prone to water stains. Don’t know if v4 is better or if any other product performs better.

Waxing is nice, but it’s easier to leave with coating on daily basis, plus I like the idea to touch the car paint less.

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Nice job, car looks mint.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
I’m using Fusso at the moment and my previous Civic had CSL+Evov3, but didn’t last as I hoped. Still I would like to apply coating, but maybe something else, not sure. Evov3 was prone to water stains. Don’t know if v4 is better or if any other product performs better.

Waxing is nice, but it’s easier to leave with coating on daily basis, plus I like the idea to touch the car paint less.
I think coating is best for a daily doing a lot of miles where you will only have time to clean once a month. A good wax will last 3 months anyway so you just normal washing and drying. Heard great things about fusso.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

That's an absolutely cracking find at that mileage - my "low miler" 58 plate FN2 is close to 80K now!
Looks in great condition that does. Nice no. plate too ;-)

Enjoy!

^^ Looks like I fell foul of not bothering to read the date. I literally looked at New Posts, clicked this one and read the first page of replies, missing both the date and the fact there were a lot more pages. Sorry! :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Yes i need to change the title! How do i do this on tapatalk

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Springs fitted & geometry all set up! Wow! Has made a fantastic difference to the handling and comfort of the car.

Thank you Honda HQ! And A line for the allignment.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Not bad figures! Motorway and 15 mile b road drive

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
They do actually return some good mileage if you behave and on long runs, even with the SC I'm seeing those figures on a steady Motorway run.

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Did A-Line just realign things to standard or did they do you a FRSU? If the latter, did they shim the rears to get the correct camber? I'm close to them and looking to get mine set up after having the lowering springs fitted.
Cheers

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Did A-Line just realign things to standard or did they do you a FRSU? If the latter, did they shim the rears to get the correct camber? I'm close to them and looking to get mine set up after having the lowering springs fitted.
Cheers
I didn't get the full frsu done and rears kept how they are. Had the fronts done to compliment my driving style. Have noticed much better handling, less body roll Nd general feel is so mich better and tyre wear will be better too.

181 - 200 of 209 Posts