2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

141 - 160 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
I used to hardly get 28 mpg on a tank even when having done motorway miles and driven the car sensibly. Now since i had my valves replaced i have hit this figure! Also never went past 300 miles!

Glad to have the car like new again

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
These tyres are fantastic! Michelin pilot sport 4 all round! Made a huge difference to ride qualit, accelerating and braking.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Now this shows what a small world we live in, just bought some brand new FN2 car mats for £30 (FB Marketplace) as owner sold his car a few years back and never used them. So i went to pick them up and the owners jaw dropped, my car used to belong to him!!

To say he was overwhelmed would be an understatement. He was so happy to see his old car again and had regretted selling it, he was happy i had kept his plate and asked for first refusal if i ever sold it.

He loved what i had done with the car and even gave me the old cover he had for it!

Lovely guy, these cars certainly touch the hearts!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Done a few little updates to the car

New Bosch wipers - made a nice little difference.

Halfords led side lights (lumi 200) - nice and bright and a lot better then the old ones i had which failed after only a few months.

Rear boot struts - Bought the mercedes ones off ebay but failed after only a day so will be getting these replaced.

And finally bought a new headunit for the car! Got a cracking deal and it is the
Kenwood dmx7017dab.

Have booked it in for 29th this month and may get reverse camera fitted too.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
I bought some of the Bosch Aerotwins today, they're supposed to be fantastic. How easy/difficult were they to fit?
A mate fitted them and they were fairly straightforward after the clip was removed

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #148 (Edited)
Got a new head unit fitted and it's brilliant! Has given the interior a nice boost and it's great that i can now use my satnav and deezer music playlists on the move along with dab radio and hands free calling.

Kenwood dmx7017dab is a fantastic unit.

Had the usb lead put through the armrest so is discreet and charges the phone too. Connects 2 facia kit is brilliant and a pretty close match to the stock dash. Can also change the date and time using the steering wheel controls.

Also had the reverse camera fitted which i have not had to use much but a nice addition nevertheless.

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Nice.
I am currently looking at getting a double din but want to get one off the high street, can only think of Argos, Halfords or ECP. Where did you get yours, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Nice.

I am currently looking at getting a double din but want to get one off the high street, can only think of Argos, Halfords or ECP. Where did you get yours, if you don't mind me asking?
Hi mate. Definitely worth it! Especially getting access to google maps or waze plus spotify & deezer music.

I bought mine off someone from Facebook marketplace and only paid £150 which was a steal! Had it fitted from dynamic sounds in Wandsworth who also provided the facia, connects 2 kit and dab aerial for £210. Again a bargain seeing as the aerial and kit alone is about £130

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
All looking great mate...do love a "mugen" spoiler ....did i see your chariot tucked away @TGM today...didnt see the reg but it was parked behind Will`s FN2...
Hi mate, no not mine! Will be travelling to tgm in sept when my service is due. Will be just the basic oil and filter as had brake fluid and valve clearances done last year.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Ceramic coating still doing it's job! Keep it clean every few weeks and have it topped up with carpro reload every 2 months. Still looks like new.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Had my car down at TGM today to get hear bushes tightened and the subframe click to be looked at. All good I'm happy to report!

The subframe issue revolved around a click sort of noise coming from the front suspension when i was turnung right full lock and moving on.

Heard Honda may have done it as there was a bulletin a while back but didn't want the hassle of waiting and the job might nit being done at the end.

On a negative note i noticed a scratch covering 1/3 of the front passanger door which must have done by a Honda hater just a day ago when parked in the street when i went to work!

Have got a detailer coming to inspect it and hopefully correct the scratch which doesn't appear to be deep.

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Sorry to hear about the scratch, it's a lovely looking car!

141 - 160 of 209 Posts