2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

161 - 180 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Little update, had the scratches corrected but the drawback being that my ceramic coating has also gone (only top passenger door panel) so back to waxing just that part. Hopefully beads just as well

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
3rd ownership service and mot done and all passed. Had an advisory on anti roll bar linkage ball joint cover which i had replaced at the time. 42k miles also up!

Still love it!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
That time has come that i'm thinking of selling and either getting a FK2 or a A45 AMG! In two minds as i still love the FN2 and have spent so much money making it my own (BBK, Spoiler, stereo, exhaust, tints) but i will be looking at around £6500 with the mods or £6k without (Spoiler, brakes and headunit back to stock)

Car will have only done 46k miles too with full service history

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Car has been booked in at Honda HQ for a new clutch next week, can't wait! Biting point has always been low and despite the low mileage it makes sense to get it changed. Gears still engage smoothly but then and again can be crunchy on a cold start.

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
There's nobody else to talk to on here about owners cars mods and updates, it's all "what oil do I use?", "how many cup holders does a 9g have?", and "sat nav updates" kind of topics these days :flute:

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Car has been booked in at Honda HQ for a new clutch next week, can't wait! Biting point has always been low and despite the low mileage it makes sense to get it changed. Gears still engage smoothly but then and again can be crunchy on a cold start.
Which clutch are you going for, Exedy?

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
New clutch fitted at 43k miles. What a difference! Drives like a new car. Should have had it done a lot earlier. Old clutch was pretty worn!

Big shout to Honda HQ, fantastic service and great job

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Glad you got it sorted, Honda HQ are the guys to use if you're not going to the main dealer. Time and quality on their side.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Glad you got it sorted, Honda HQ are the guys to use if you're not going to the main dealer. Time and quality on their side.
Great guys and wish i lived closer! Beyyer service than tgm imo. Also sorted a problem with my brakes which had not been picked up by tgm!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
How long did it take you with clutch replacement and travel time - the whole day I assume?
Not at all! I got there at 0930 and my clutch and brakes ( had rears squeaking) were done by 12. Home by 1430. 240 mile roundtrip. Will prob go there for my yearly service!

161 - 180 of 209 Posts