2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys ,
Sorry if I’ve put this in the wrong place.
I’ve wanted a Honda Civic for years but I only got my license a few months ago. There use to be a comparison of all the 2009 Honda Civic models on this site but I can’t see to find it and the link I have just comes up blank now. Does anyone have a update link for it or version as I can’t decide which version of the car I want.

Also if anyone could recommend what version I should get insurance wise I’d be grateful to

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Hi
I would think probably a 1.4 se (a 5door car) would be in the bottom of the insurance group. Would think a good test drive needed to check suitability as the civic is quite a large/heavyish car for the engine size.

I've driven one as a 'loan car' which performance wise was acceptable (only my opinion). Sister in-law owned one and when she moved on to a Yaris thought that car far more suitable/economical for the similar size engine.

Reactions: CRXY

·
Super Moderator
2,726 Posts
if your a new driver id advise going for a small seat or something
honda of any variation will be high insurance for ne driver

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the fast response highly appreciate it. I ran some checks and seems that because I live in London the price is higher for insurance as I done it to my friends house and it was 1300 instead of 2800 ... I may have to look into another car like the seat as scaramanga said or look for a 1.4 instead

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I honestly believe it’s because of where I live and because of how long iv held my license for I may have to wait until next year sometime when i have a year under my belt so annoying how much insurance is im over 25 as well lol you’d think it would be much cheaper

1 - 7 of 7 Posts