2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know, or indeed have first hand knowledge, of where I stand with regards to Honda compensating me for the prolonged delay of my car???

The reason I ask is that I am due to pick the car up tommorrow, but as I've heard nothing today from my dealer confirming this, I'm guessing that it's gonna be another delay.... :cry: :cry:

Obviously I'm not expecting cash back or anything like that, but how long do Honda leave it before offering me some dealer fit extras by way of compensation?? I realise that not all dealers are gonna be the same with regards to this issue, but whats the norm???

Also, whats best to ask for?? (More likely to say yes to.....)

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
How long is the delay from when you thought you were getting it originally?

Honda don't compensate FULL STOP. They do occasionally do things as a gesture of goodwill.

I ought to know about this process, having gone through what I have gone through.

Give honda Customer Service a call - 01753590760. Ask for Sarah Roseblade (if she asks where her name came from, don't say ME!!)

See what they have to say about it.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for that advice mate......

What makes the 'problem' even worse is that, about a month ago the dealer called me to say that if I want the car quicker, I can have one that they had a cancelled order for, with the addition of leather which they are prepared to sell me a bit cheaper than if I had opted for it in the first place.......

so not only are they getting an extra 1000 Euros out of me to cover the leather, but the car hasn't come any quicker at all!!!!!!! (- possible bargaining point right there????) :?:

Anyway, as predicted, I called the dealers today and was told that my car STILL hasn't arrived from Lisbon (only 400 Kms away, and it got there a week ago!!!!) so I defo won't be getting it tommorrow...... :roll: :cry:

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bit of an update, and indeed a massive step forward in my on going saga......

The car HAS now arrived at my dealers and I went to see it today to make sure they weren't lying!!!!!

Its true, it's there!!!! :shock: :shock: BUT.......I can't have it until Tuesday as they have to apply for the plates and Documents on Monday, and they won't be ready 'til Tuesday.....which is probably just as well as it didn't have they optional 18" Storms that I had ordered with it, and they bloke told me they will be in on Monday to be fitted to the car........funny, I thought they were Factory fit???

Anyway, I DID see the leather interior for the first time, and it's 8) 8) 8) 8)

Needless to say, many pics WILL be posted as soon as poss......

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Good luck with the new car Mark996. I would have loved the leather option on my EX, but they didn't offer it at the time of purchase. What colour did you end up with?

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Strange, mine arrived at the dealership late Friday afternoon (today) and I can pick it up anytime on Monday!!!!!!! :)

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've gone for Nighthawk Black mate......

Re: Federov - Things like that always take longer over here in Portugal - It's bloody third world over here mate!!!!!!! :x :x

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
£1 says he don't get an answer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts