2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Talking about accuracy of the civics instrumentation I was wondering who has dared to go the furthest after the trip computer range reading is 0 miles for fuel.
I have a diesel and I got to 20 miles yesterday before I bottled it!
Anyone gone further?

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
I was on empty showing 0 miles did another 5 miles didnt want to risk going any further.

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
I've done about 25... but then it took almost 52 litres to fill up!

Only this Thursday I ran it on 0 for the 12 miles from the motorway to the petrol station nearest to my house. This is because my daily commute, over three days, will empty my tank. As long as I don't do any extra driving I should be fine... well so far at least!

·
Registered
251 Posts
That is pathetic lads........

I have done 39 miles after 0.

No air con no radio all windows up feathering the throttle on the motorway to stay at about 60/65.

Man up the lot of ya.

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
am i right in thinking the tank is a 50 litre? last time i only drove about 4 miles past 0 before i filled up (drove past a tescos as i only put BP or Shell im my car, had a bad experience with tescos petrol) but still only managed to put in 46 litres, so must have had at least another 25 miles in it at normal driving or further with careful/granny driving!, (1.8 petrol EX)

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
am i right in thinking the tank is a 50 litre? last time i only drove about 4 miles past 0 before i filled up (drove past a tescos as i only put BP or Shell im my car, had a bad experience with tescos petrol) but still only managed to put in 46 litres, so must have had at least another 25 miles in it at normal driving or further with careful/granny driving!, (1.8 petrol EX)
Yup, 50 litre tank - but you also have the pipe as well ;)

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
must admit i do ofind the 50 litre tank annoying, citroen c4 which is practically the same size car has a 60 litre tank and got 400 miles a tankfull, now only get 320 ( i must admit i suffer from a very heavy right foot but drove just as hard in the C4)

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
Am I the only person who doesn't run below 1/4 of a tank...

It's common knowledge running on almost empty is bad for the engine!

Disappointed lads!

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
I tried this on my petrol. I filed it up for about 30 liters and I'm guessing in tank was about 2-3 liters then in showed about 329km to empty it. On about 240-250km it showed 0 left and I drove ot next day about 70km and it stopped. So in final it was around 325km and all was done in city. So I can say on mine it's quite exact instrument after I fill it and leave gas station milage that's shown after few meters usually is one which will be done.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
Am I the only person who doesn't run below 1/4 of a tank...

It's common knowledge running on almost empty is bad for the engine!

Disappointed lads!

might be wrong but thought this was only the case if it wasnt done regulary and/or on high milage cars, surely with low mailage cars there isnt enough cr*p in the bottom of the tank to be a problem. i managed over 540000 miles in a petrol volvo running it down to the red light often all the way up to the half million miles mark! only stopped this in fact when the fuel guage broke!

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Today did 10 miles on 0; having driven like granny to get it off the motorway and to the nearest service station to home. This was so I could reach 360 miles, my commute over 3 days.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.