2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Civic is now 9 months old and i now have it in writing that the radio cannot be fixed

Car returned after being at dealer for two weeks
here is the answer to the radio problem

WE have carried out the advised check on all radio lead connections as per honda bulletin.No faults were found. Previously we have carried out the software update as instructed by honda. I have concluded the radio is now operating to the best of its capabilities within its design.

Now what do you think I think its a bad design

please see posting about climate control and creaks and groans

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
roof creaks and general body rattles

My Civic has been at the dealer for two weeks and it is now waiting to be collected on the 13.02.2007 for further work

I have parked the car on my drive and I'm not using it anymore

It now creaks and groans worse than when it went it the service manager can't believe how bad it is

His comments in the letter are:

The rattles around the front screen area have been cured as per the countermeasure bulletin issued by Honda.

The main creak was from behind the o/s/r roof area. We have lowered the corner of the headlining {not removed it completely} to gain access to the roof body panel. The spot welded area has been re-worked with a centre punch and engineers Hammer. This appears to have settled the panels down and they have now stopped creaking.

Now as far as I am concerned a weld is can only be good or bad
what do you think?

see other posting about naff radio and climate control

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Geoff, I had a similar creak from inside the sill. First a spot weld was redone which failed to fix the problem. Next the sill was injected with waxoil and baked, this has been OK for two months now.

IMO, a spot-welded seam will always have the potential to creak and I believe that the procedure carried out on your car to massage the seam is standard practice.

I am assuming your creak has been fixed for the time being. If it returns then I would guess that some extra welding will be required, possibly seam welding.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
My Civic is now 9 months old and i now have it in writing that the radio cannot be fixed

Car returned after being at dealer for two weeks
here is the answer to the radio problem

WE have carried out the advised check on all radio lead connections as per honda bulletin.No faults were found. Previously we have carried out the software update as instructed by honda. I have concluded the radio is now operating to the best of its capabilities within its design.

Now what do you think I think its a bad design

please see posting about climate control and creaks and groans
That is pathetic! :mad:

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Is it not so that when goods are sold they are supposed to be fit for the purpose for which they are intended!

Honda are a joke - I dont care that most people on this forum are happy with their civics - the Civic is of extremely poor design all round.

Radio, filler cap, climate control, windscreens, paintwork, fog lights, gearbox, light fittings blah blah blah I could go on but I will only wind you happy ones up and remind us unhappy ones how naff our cars are.

My mum always used to say "if in doubt don't do it" before I bought this car I had huge doubts (hence about 8 test drives) I wish I had followed my gut instinct.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
Is it not so that when goods are sold they are supposed to be fit for the purpose for which they are intended!

Honda are a joke - I dont care that most people on this forum are happy with their civics - the Civic is of extremely poor design all round.

Radio, filler cap, climate control, windscreens, paintwork, fog lights, gearbox, light fittings blah blah blah I could go on but I will only wind you happy ones up and remind us unhappy ones how naff our cars are.

My mum always used to say "if in doubt don't do it" before I bought this car I had huge doubts (hence about 8 test drives) I wish I had followed my gut instinct.

Don't get me Started:D

·
Registered
208 Posts
Geoff I think what they were trying to do with the punch & hammer is stress relieve the weld, which has obviously worked for the time being. If it returns it will require another weld close by to stop the creaking.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Geoff,

I don't think that the dealer carrying out Honda's check list is going to get this sorted, why not see what you can do yourself.

Is your radio OK elsewhere in the country ?
Do you believe every Civic in Eastbourne has the same problem ?
Does your local transmitter use unusual polarisation ?
What signal strength do you get on these weak stations ?

In your position, I would start by trying a conventional aerial, I'm wondering if the Civic's aerial is poor when the signal is not polarised in the normal way. Don't ask, I'm saying things I don't fully understand here.

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
Have they fixed (cut) the windscreen clips that create a creaking noise?
I had that and it sounded like a body creak as it's a plastic locating clip into a metal body panel.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
its not cured

the creaking from the roof is very bad when you brake it creaks and when you pull away it creaks
since it has been treated/massaged etc it is now far worse

i don't think the weld is stressed i thinks its broken

but i am stressed having to listen to excuses

the windscreen and other area's of the car still rattle

i do think that when the service manager tried my car it was quite but it isn't now

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sell it

who would buy it and why should i lose money
I want to keep the car
if yours is okay basegreen why isn't mine?

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
all seem to have problems

all the staff that work at the dealers and have civic's say the radio is not right.
The service manager has the same car as me and he has same problem

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks brodick

we got enough problems with hcs

WE NEED HELP FIX OUR CARS

how come some are good and some are bad?

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
thanks brodick

we got enough problems with hcs

WE NEED HELP FIX OUR CARS

how come some are good and some are bad?

Geoff I have said it before an I will say it again
If you had bought a Ford Focus or a VW golf or a Seat Leon - you could be having as many if not more problems -Not all mass car manufacturers come out the factory perfect there is always a small percentage of bad cars regardless of the make - Why I here you ask - No one really knows

O.K so you have a Honda Civic you bought it beacuse you like the car and with the Honda Name thought it would be problem free and it most cases they are problem free - it just so happens that your good self along with some other unlucky buyers are owners of a problem car and are in the minority.

I do understand your frustration and do agree that more should be done by Honda ( and the other car manufacturers of the world) to give better assistance the problem car owners.

but you also need to understand that the majority of Honda owners are more than Happy
some might even have bought a civic after rejecting a Ford or VW

I do hope Honda realise that they need to do more for you and others in your situation asap.

Just couldn't help myself

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Geoff, when you say that, I'm even more sure the Civic's aerial doesn't like your local transmitter. Ask the dealer to try a different aerial, who knows, a metal coat hanger in the boot might do the job.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maybe

I have been told that the radio could be fixed by turning up the gain on the radio but that might interfere with the cars electrics

Bad design i would of thought

Its not only my local transmitter others have this problem in other area's
the loan civic while being a bit dated the radio worked fine
in the good old days coat hangers always worked fine

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Naff honda warranty 1

Passenger seat base handle loose and rattle
I have been promised twice by the dealer to have the base changed because of the above and pieces of plastic have fallen out of the seat
His reply in writing is

The N/S/F seat adjuster lever {forward/back slider} seems to have approx 5mm of free play before it releases the lock. The O/S/F does not seem to have this free play. I have adjusted this free play out as much as possible but a slight amount is still apparent. As the seat lever and frame are all supplied as one complete unit the only cure would be to replace the entire seat frame.This would mean swapping over the soft fittings from your original seat to the new frame.I feel this would be an extreme measure to cure what is a relatively minor discrepancy.

Now I would of thought that is what a warranty is for
nowhere in the warranty does it say we will only fix major faults

1 - 20 of 52 Posts