·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
I dont think so ,as there are safety issues

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi ,

I dont think the CTR comes with that. well my EX doesnt anyway. I think its not available on the civic

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Sorry lads.

Loadsa guys want those features, but to date no one has come up with a 'How to'

Check out the electronics listed on this site.

& try DIY in the meantime.

"When the circus clown died all his friends went to funeral in one car!"

Charles H.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well heard lots of people on the site asking for it - sadly seems a missed opertunity for Honda.
Just for reference my 1999 Golf on just above base trim with a dealer alarm (remote central locking) will auto close the windows soon as the button is pressed to alarm the car and lock the doors.
Seems strange to not have it on a Thatchem Cat 1 standard alarm system???
Alex

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
The only time I ever open/close my windows is for drive-thrus or parking ticket machines. That's one if the reasons I got a car with climate control.
With full automatic operation (2nd stage on buton opens/closes completely) it is not too hard to do before you get out.

I see it as a completely pointless feature, to be honest. Closing/opening power mirrors would be a worth-while feature.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
I cannot beleive the amount of people who think this should be standard or my last car had this or I've always had VW'S and miss this feature

You own or are buying one of the best small hatchbacks on the market today for various reasons so it might be missing a couple of fancy electrical gizmos ( so what) this car is more than likely far superior to your last car and will have things your last car didn't

what a bunch of moaning mini's you all are!!!

sorry I don't mean to annoy anybody but come on get a grip

oooh the car would be much better if it had this or this or this
( but would it still be much better if Honda added all these things and promptly stuck an extra £1000 on the price of the cars???

O.K rant over just had to get that off my chest

Sorry for Hi-jacking your post Rocko!!!!! ( you are not the first and I am sure won't be the last person wanting various extras included)

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
A chap at work has a VW Touran which has the "auto window close" feature.
It also has a random "auto window open" mode when parked and locked. How would that be explained to an insurance company?
"I locked the car and the windows close, but I was robbed because sometime later the windows opened".
If you haven't got that feature it can't fail!

Terry

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
A chap at work has a VW Touran which has the "auto window close" feature.
It also has a random "auto window open" mode when parked and locked. How would that be explained to an insurance company?
"I locked the car and the windows close, but I was robbed because sometime later the windows opened".
If you haven't got that feature it can't fail!

Terry
Very true Terry Very True

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I cannot beleive the amount of people who think this should be standard or my last car had this or I've always had VW'S and miss this feature

You own or are buying one of the best small hatchbacks on the market today for various reasons so it might be missing a couple of fancy electrical gizmos ( so what) this car is more than likely far superior to your last car and will have things your last car didn't

( but would it still be much better if Honda added all these things and promptly stuck an extra £1000 on the price of the cars???

Sorry for Hi-jacking your post Rocko!!!!! ( you are not the first and I am sure won't be the last person wanting various extras included)
I never said it would be better if it had it, I simply asked if it did infact, have it.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
I never said it would be better if it had it, I simply asked if it did infact, have it.
Fair Enough Rocko

I hope you realise the post was not aimed directly at yourself but at quite a ew folk on this forum - just that I hi-jacked your post to have a moan;)

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts

You are so right !

I'm missing some of the good points of my 307 that my joyfully civic is not equipped with...

Honda has designed a very nice car, not a perfect car (as some of us can testify !)

And I think they didn't add all the gizmos they can in it so they can improve the model every year... (good commercial point of view !)

I'm very pleased with my car and did a lovely trip this afternoon... But I think that such a car must benefit of such fancy thing as auto folding mirror at the closure (safety thing for people living in town with a lot of bicycle riders) Better quality plastic, an real Aux connection and so on ...

Power of dream... Yes my honda make me dream, I did during the wait before delivery, and i'm still dreaming after !

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not saying I will really miss the feature - as always end up manually closing the windows - or walking round the car to check they have closed!
So not really a big time saver;)
Alex

1 - 19 of 19 Posts