2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people,

Ive just recently upgraded to a flip key and through trial and error know how to do it successfully.
I am thinking of offering a complete flip key conversion (incl providing flip key, tranponder extention and key cutting).
How many people would be interested and what are people willing to pay?

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
I would be interested in cutting only as I have already done the rest ;)

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Which flip key would you stock to use?

Also how much roughly will you be charging to provide this service?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would use a normal 2 button flip key with the logo honda pressed into the plactic at the front and an honda badge emblem at the back, looks very neat and tidy and most importantly a genuine honda flip key (if they privided it wicith the civic!)
Price wise Im thinking about the £65 mark as to do the job properly the key blade has to be laser cut to perfection and the extension of the transponder is a very delicate job.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the way, needless to say I would rather post it to your relatives or friends address to ensure your privacy and peace of mind.
I dont want to know the address where your car is kept over night!!!

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
So go on, how much for just cutting?
Including insured delivery?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
That include the recorded/insured postage back to me?
I would give you my work address to post it back to.
To be honest that's the only thing I would feel sketchy about posting my key off...
Not because of you but because of royal mail lol

I'll keep an eye out as I would be interested in this (again when I have the money spare lol)

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
I would use a normal 2 button flip key with the logo honda pressed into the plactic at the front and an honda badge emblem at the back, looks very neat and tidy and most importantly a genuine honda flip key (if they privided it wicith the civic!)
Price wise Im thinking about the £65 mark as to do the job properly the key blade has to be laser cut to perfection and the extension of the transponder is a very delicate job.
So you'd convert the existing key? I only have one key, would you able to do 2 keys ? If so any deal for doing 2 ?

And turn around time for conversion, as I'd be out of a car due to only having one key!!

·
The Party Organizer!
734 Posts
By the way, needless to say I would rather post it to your relatives or friends address to ensure your privacy and peace of mind.
I dont want to know the address where your car is kept over night!!!
VERY professional of you, a post like this speaks VOLUMES about someone...
I'm definitely interested, depending on price!

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
I’m interested, however, I already have the casing and the flip key laser cut. All i need doing is the transponder being extended. I have already made a botched job of my spare key!!! :facepalm:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi all,

Sorry about delayed reply.
I have encountered some problems, I tried doing a mates for him but the key works perfect in the ignition but it wont for some reason fit in the door barrels-mystery, trying to figure it out at the moment!
Will keep you guys posted.
I dont want to offer this service untill I know I can to it perfect as otherwise it would become a headache for you guys and I dont want that!
The hardest part is getting the key blade cut perfect

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.