2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am having a problem with my 2007 Civic hatch a/c compressor not engaging when the a/c is turned on. I have done the following tests.

Jumping the wire on the alternator leading to the compressor - the compressor engages and cold air blows out the vents almost instantly as it should when the a/c is working. The a/c runs perfectly when I jump this wire from 12v on the battery for as long as it is jumped.

Both radiator fans come on when the a/c is switched on.

I can feel the click on the relay switch in the fuse box when the a/c is turned on.

I had the coolant levels checked and they are fine.

Any guidance on the likely cause of this problem would be much appreciated. Than you.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Do you have the old Omron or the new Mitsuba ac clutch relay?
If it's the Omron relay you can't be shure it's working properly just because it's clicking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Denso a/c clutch relay, I bought the car with the Denso relay. How would I check if the relay is faulty?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Went and got a new relay today, the old one was faulty even though it was clicking. A/c working perfectly again. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From a local auto parts shop, its Toyota branded but it fits and works fine so I'm happy. Payed the equivalent of $5 for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts