2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Picking up my new spaceship next week. One of the things that appealed to me is that a lot of stuff is dealer fit. I was wondering if anyone has had the "concert" upgrade and is it worth the money and can you really tell the difference especially since I have had the i pod lead fitted.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
In general the Honda hifi stuff is mince

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Notice you have rages. The sales person advised me against them as the ride would be too rough, how you found yours?

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Well my pervious car was a 07Cooper S with 18" wheels with run flats , the CTR is lots better.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
... I was wondering if anyone has had the "concert" upgrade and is it worth the money and can you really tell the difference...
Well I can't tell the difference because I never had my Civic without the Concert Pack, because it was fitted when I collected it.

I chose the Concert Pack because it was the cheapest way to get the options I wanted on the car.

Overall, I'm not massively impressed with the Civic's hi-fi system. I've heard better sound from other cars. Also I have a Dension Gateway 100 fitted instead of the standard Honda ipod link, as it's so much better.

Having said all that, the Honda isn't the quietest cockpit in the world, so trying to recreate the Albert Hall in there probably isn't the best use of your cash. From that point of view, the Concert Pack makes a cheerful noise that can be easily heard over the roar of the engine. Yes I'll probably upgrade the speakers with better, aftermarket ones, but not for a while - what came with the car is good enough for now.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I ended up with two aftermarket upgrades: First replaced the front speakers (Polk db6501), then fitting a Rockford amp in the boot when I realised that the built-in amp couldn't produce enough current to make decent bass at all. Total cost over £800.
I kept the rear speakers connected to original amp just for comparison - difference is garish.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think I will be upgrading for a while. If I do it sounds(no pun intended) as though there are plenty of choices available with other kit.
I have a local store called Liquid Ice that do upgrades, DVD,sound sound systems etc, maybe I'll pay them a visit.Wish I'd have known about that "other" I pod lead though:(.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts