2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car arrived Monday, just noticed that there is quite a bit of condensation in the headlights. Before I take it to the dealer, anyone else have this problem or have any advice.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
I am the same...no condensation in the headlights but a little bit of misting at the side of the drivers side rear lens.
This only occurs under certain circumstances and is not often.
A certain amount of condensation in headlights is normal in all cars, its only when it exceeds what manufacturers deem acceptable then does not clear that it becomes a cause for concern.
I haven't looked but there should be something in the handbook about this.....there was with my Focus.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I'll have another look in the handbook. I read online that there are vents to release the moisture but in colder wetter weather it can let moisture in and will clear of its own accord when the weather warms up or the headlights dry it out. I'll try driving with the headlights on during the light a bit more and see if it sorts it out

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
Not seen any sign of condensation in any of the lights of mine yet.. will have a look again when I'm back home..

I did have it on the 9G and my light was replaced under warranty..

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
Over the years headlight condensation has been reported quite a few times.

Seems to mean, from previous, that the car has been in a damp atmosphere and the housing isn't fully sealed.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I’ve had my 10g Sport Line just over a week and have noticed this today. Strangely enough there was another car like mine in the car park it it also had a little in one of the rear clusters. Have to say I’m not happy but is it enough to complain? As far as I’m concerned there shouldn’t be any in a week old car.

·
Registered
146 Posts
asked around, reserached, etc, conclusion: nothing to worry about.

My dad had the same thing on its '97 Prelude.
Research shows its a thing that happens on new cars...dunno why or how though.
Also I found out its made that way deliberately, something to do with pressue and temp difference between the outside and the inside of the housing and helps preserving the bulbs.

Didnt go very in dept with what I found, because it reassured me to read so much information of condensation being normal, I let it be.

And most importantly, as long as there no water in the bulbs, thats okay.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts