2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
be gentle with me first posting. Got my lovely Honda Civic ES but disappointed as there is condensation in the light unit where the reversing lights are etc. Is this normal or a known fault? Secondly the auto lights seem to come on much later than I would put them on manually I am therefore reluctant to rely on them. Thirdly how inaccurate is the outside temperature guage, sounds picky but it either reads 10, 6 or 3 degrees gave me a start with an ice warining today but it wasn't that cold?

I do love the car honest

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Hi Seasider and welcome to civinfo. :)

As FWH says all of the 'characteristics' you mention have been discussed on here before. Use the search function to find out more, it is very useful. :idea:

·
Registered
7 Posts
i think i have the answer when i picked up my civic a couple of months ago i had bad condesation on the two rear lights and centre part i contacted honda and they was aware of it they have changed the desighn slightly now and i had mine changed for the new type which is only different by some dense foam inserts which mould round the seal between light and bodywork and it cured it

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had really bad condensation in the centre section of the rear lights- was replaced and the condensation was worse after- started to actually fill with water- and leak into boot. The second time it was replaced seems to be successful- no more leaks! I think the work was poorly done the first time.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
be gentle with me first posting. Got my lovely Honda Civic ES but disappointed as there is condensation in the light unit where the reversing lights are etc. Is this normal or a known fault? Secondly the auto lights seem to come on much later than I would put them on manually I am therefore reluctant to rely on them. Thirdly how inaccurate is the outside temperature gauge, sounds picky but it either reads 10, 6 or 3 degrees gave me a start with an ice warining today but it wasn't that cold?

I do love the car honest
Welcome neighbour

The condensation is common but not a problem as it clears normally once you are the move.
The auto lights are bit of a compromise as to when they turn on and off but again I find them ok for most of the time.
Outside temperature gauge is fairly accurate but remember that to get an accurate reading it takes a couple of miles for the sensor to stabilise, and it is adjustable according to the handbook :D:D:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a;; fpr the responses. As far as the auto lights go I think I am more concerned as it is a new car but also black! :)

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Thanks a;; fpr the responses. As far as the auto lights go I think I am more concerned as it is a new car but also black! :)
If you are unsure at any time using the auto lights then just use the manual option, no problem honestly as I`ve had my beauty for nearly a year and it`s wonderful. :D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Thanks Jazzman. just come back from Eastbourne but we were in her CRV :)
My pleasure and as you may of noticed all types of Hondas are welcome in Eastbourne :D:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts