2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SHOCKD
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few threads recently with people complaining about damp inside their car..

This then leads to the windscreen or the inside windows being covered in condensation... Making it a nightmare to get off in a hurry without it smearing your windscreen and making it look minging..

I have posted in these threads to let people know but here is a picture of what I have and where I keep it and its doing the job so far..

Its called a Damp Trap and cost £1 from poundland..

This is the same thing but from ASDA
Online Food Shopping - ASDA Groceries

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I have tried silica packs from the despatch department at my work and they don't quite get rid of all of the condensation!

I'll try this!

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
The best dehumidifier pack i have found

This is by far the best dehumidifier pack i have used so far as i suffer from damp in my car aswell as in the flat.

You can buy a pack from amazon and is really ment for drying out shipping containers on long trips at sea.
My colleague worked for the owner of the company a few months pack and he has them all over his boat to keep things dry.

They really are very good and if you can get a mate to go halfs with then they are pretty cheap. Just make sure you put the unused ones in a air tight sandwich bag untill you need to use them.

Superdry Car, Marine and Caravan Desiccant Moisture Absorber Pack-Ideal for cars, boats, caravans, sheds or around the home: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & [email protected]@[email protected]@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/[email protected]@[email protected]@510zYLvPojL

I just put mine on the dash when i leave the car.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Good idea this, had one of these jobbies for a while in my old flat to sort out condensation in the bathroom and it worked a treat there so makes sense it would work in the car!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Very good, but there must be something amiss for a car to need this though, no?......like does the windscreen or tailgate lower plastic window leak, or heater matrix leaking,or doors full of water?

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
I just have had a few wet jackets and boots in the back over night and that seems to add a load of moisture into the air in the car. Plus its been raining non stop here in Dorset!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Very good, but there must be something amiss for a car to need this though, no?......like does the windscreen or tailgate lower plastic window leak, or heater matrix leaking,or doors full of water?
i completely agree......there is something wrong with the integrity of this car i'm certain. there are so many complaining of the same thing.

i've said before and i'll say again, it's by far the worst car i've ever had for this problem! yes you expect a little at times but this is a joke! it's thick condensation to the point of dripping almost at times and when very cold leads to ice on the inside.....no fun!!! :(

has anyone solved why it does this conclusively?

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Interesting,
Mum's corsa has the same problem, quite chronic in winter!

I'm fairly sure that it's the seals on that though, damp traps, running massive amounts of heating for long periods etc. don't seem to do anything for it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts