2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Looking at the wiki I'm just trying to work out what should be the latest version of the disk for my car, the wording is a little confusing.

I'm unsure what disk I have at the moment, but my car is a 2008 model. Would that mean 3.23 was the latest I can use?

Reading the comment of:

"The -09 disc is 3.31. This has updated maps and POIs, and new HFT software which is used only by 09 cars."

I can't work out if it means the whole disk is only for 2009 cars, or if the HFT update only applies to 09 cars.

Can anyone clarify if this/the 2010 version would work in my 2008 EX?

Thanks.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
The latest version is 3.4 which works fine on my 2007 EX

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I wanted to know :p The wiki made it sound like it wouldn't work past the 09 version :p.

How much does the latest version disc cost approx? I bought the car only a week ago and the disc says it's from 2006, the car is a 2008 :s

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
If you get it from the dealer it'll set you back £300 or so, not advised lol :p

If you're lucky you might find one cheap on ebay.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
TBH, even the latest disc isn't 100% up to date.

It still says there's some roundabouts on the A1 that haven't existed in yonks lol.

And ofc, it trys to take me the wrong way down one way streets, tells me to crash into some concrete bollards etc etc. All good fun lol.

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts
I second that... v3.40 also works perfect in my 2007 EX!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
TBH, even the latest disc isn't 100% up to date.

It still says there's some roundabouts on the A1 that haven't existed in yonks lol.

And ofc, it trys to take me the wrong way down one way streets, tells me to crash into some concrete bollards etc etc. All good fun lol.
LOL the SATNav has caused more arguments between me and the missus than anything else in 5 years of marriage! We don't use it any more ;) Better to get lost without the help of a machine!

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
New disk is to be launched in april 2011, I was told that they are released every two years, cost from the dealer is £175 all in.

I have the 2008/2009 disk. Will definately be upgrading.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
what version do you have
Not sure what version number, but its the original disc for a 2006 car, maybe v3.01? The problem is that at a staggered junction, for example, its not made clear enough which turning you are supposed to take. I inevitably make the wrong choice, given there's not generally a lot of time to sit down and think about it, resulting in a 10 minute detour that my other half can't cope with.
Then there is the classic episode where we were driving in Scotland and the SatNAV told me to leave the main road and took us off on a scenic drive through the mountains, only to return us to the same main road after 20 minutes!!! That didn't go down too well either! As I said, its just less trouble to get lost on your own rather than blindly following a less than perfect gadget. Not saying I'm perfect, infact I'm probably half the problem!:facepalm:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts