2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a MY08 Type R GT

I have not yet managed to turn the front fog lights on and then I started to think... perhaps they are just dummy lights.

But after reading on Wikipedia and on these forums Im lead to believe that because my car is a GT edition.. I should have front fog lights?

Lets clear this one up!!

Thanks

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
If you've definitely got fog lights fitted (which you should have) then it sounds like new bulbs needed!

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hmm.. well it's looking like both of the bulbs have gone then :/ If I put my rear fog light on using the left hand stick on the steering wheel that should put the front fog lights on (I'm assuming)

·
ivtec just kicked out,YO!
1,007 Posts
If you turn that middle part on the left hand stick down it'll turn only back fog light, but if you turn it up it'll turn front ones on. Even more up will turn back on with the fronts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Hmm.. well it's looking like both of the bulbs have gone then :/ If I put my rear for light on using the left hand stick on the steering wheel that should put the front fog lights on (I'm assuming)
No, when you switch on the rear fogs, it returns to the start postiont. To activate the fronts you need to click once in the opposite direction

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just been out to see if I can get them on again with the info you helpful bunch have provided. Still can't get them on.

So at the end of the knob to the left of the wheel I turn it to get my lights on (all the way anti clockwise) and then a bit further down the stick there is barrel that has an icon for fogs that says rear on it. I turn it anti clockwise and it does not lock in its just like a toggle. There the only settings I have to play with. The second barrel with the rear for light symbol on it can only be turned anti clockwise and does not have the ability to be locked in place.

·
ivtec just kicked out,YO!
1,007 Posts
It doesn't lock in place. Just spin it up (anti clockwise)

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
Just been out to see if I can get them on again with the info you helpful bunch have provided. Still can't get them on.

So at the end of the knob to the left of the wheel I turn it to get my lights on (all the way anti clockwise) and then a bit further down the stick there is barrel that has an icon for fogs that says rear on it. I turn it anti clockwise and it does not lock in its just like a toggle. There the only settings I have to play with. The second barrel with the rear for light symbol on it can only be turned anti clockwise and does not have the ability to be locked in place.
when turning the barrel for rears it won't lock! (but a orange symbol should be visible on your dashboard) now turn the same barrel anti clockwise till it stops and a little green light should illuminate on your dashboard meaning front fogs on :)

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
It does lock in place for the front lights, just went out and tried it in mine to be sure.

As for the OP, seems like the fogs are fakes or they have installed the wrong stick in your car?
Take it back to the dealer and ask them for info!
+1 Sounds like the stalk doesn't have the option for front fogs so get back to the dealer!

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For god sake :(
This is what it should look like

This is what mine looks like (just been out to take a picture)

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
This is what mine looks like (just been out to take a picture)
Yep, back to the dealer as you've got no option for front fogs there!

You can see on the one below it's got extra options but you only have "Rear".

Attachments

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I bought the car privately
Whaaa :( :(
Do you have "auto" wipers and Cruise Contol? Electric folding mirrors and air conditioning?
If so, then something's happened to mean the stalk has been replaced.

If not, you've been sold a non-GT with non-functional fog lights installed to make it look like a GT.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I have Dual zone climate control and foldable (working lol) wing mirrors. And the car's reg is registered as a GT version.

I have the cruise control buttons on my steering wheel but have not yet been able to get it to work.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts