2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm fitting a new SONY XAV3005db to my type r and have some questions:

I'm using the Connects2 "kit" that comes with patch lead and aerial connector, the harness connects well to the SONY harness. From the connects2 harness I have a pink wire (speed pulse?) - which I think I am ok to leave unconnected as I am not fitting a sat nav unit (using carplay instead) - is this right? Also there is a blue reverse cable which Im not fitting as Im not fitting a rear camera - is this right?

Last and real question - on the Connects2 aerial lead I have a blue wire sticking out - where do I connect this to? I can see on the SONY harness that there is an "Antenna power" wire that is plugging into the connects2 harness - do i have to snip that and connect it to the blue wire? Don't really want to go snipping stuff from the harnesses to be honest, without making sure. Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For anyone interested or with the same queries as me above, I didn't do any snipping of wires and I didn't connect the speed pulse and reverse - everything works as expected. Now just need to figure out a way to hold the iphone with an active connection!?!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yep, when they design these kits they need to consider all different types of headunits so they includes a bunch of features.

Not sure what you mean by active connection with an iphone but if you headunit has apple carplay, it is pretty much just plug and play with a usb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts