2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've read the other posts and if it's going to be as much of a nightmare as connecting the sub wasi think im going to pay someone!

I'm hoping somebody knows a secret passage or something! ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Atomic,

The only thing is, i had an active sub installed by a 'pro' and i don't know where he's got the signal wires connected. I've been reading up on connecting 6x9s and keep reading horror stories! Last thing i want is to set the type S on fire lol!!

Do you mean i have to connect to the loom next to the handbrake? If so does that mean i'm taking the seats out to get the wires through?

Cheers dude

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
I've been reading up on connecting 6x9s and keep reading horror stories! Last thing i want is to set the type S on fire lol!!

You've got me worried now... please elaborate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You'd have to wire them up directly to the battery and bypass the fuses to manage to set fire to your car... and that's harder to do than it sounds!

If you just connect them up instead of the rear speakers you'll be fine.

HA! It seemed a bit odd!

So whats the best way of going about this then....?
Centre console out and connect there or speakers out and try and fluke a way into the boot?

Cheers for help guys!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, am i right in thinking that these are the wire colours i need to come off of:

brn - left rear (-)
yel - left rear (+)

orn - right rear (-)
blu - right rear (+)

Thanks all....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
easyest way for a 3 door is,

pop the cup holder off, undo the 7-8 screws, take the grill surround off, un do the speaker, splice the wires, extend to the 6x9's.

but if i was doing 6x9's i would amp them up
Thanks Wayne,

When you say extent to 6x9s, what route would you take? I don't really know how to get the wires through? Can I push them through to the back or something?

Cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks Wayne,

When you say extent to 6x9s, what route would you take? I don't really know how to get the wires through? Can I push them through to the back or something?

Cheers
If you are that unsure as to what needs to be done then go and see a pro installer it should only be 1 hours labour to stick some 6x9's in the parcel shelf at about £40 an hour

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you are that unsure as to what needs to be done then go and see a pro installer it should only be 1 hours labour to stick some 6x9's in the parcel shelf at about £40 an hour

Not very helpful at all mate.

All i want to know is how to get the wires through, and whether im better off going from the speakers, the back of the HU or if i can access the wires from the centre console. And if so, which path do the wires go to get to the boot, surely someone knows the answer to this!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.