2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Well Honda have deffo ensured noone will think of stealing the std HU on the new civics, Im sure it would not be cool to take the whole dash with them! :lol:

I think the OEM system in the new civic is pretty good considering it is a OEM setup, but what I do miss is my sub, is there anyway I could connect the sub to my oem headunit?

Thanks in advance chaps!

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Welcome to the site - How'd you find us?

The BASSWORKS kit has a separate amp, so there must be outputs in the HU for this somewhere?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey fella, found it through word of mouth, best form of advertising ever! :lol: jme1978 sent me a PM on a focus forum with a link to the site, we both used to own a focus and have moved on to the civic.

Great site potential here, I searched high and low for a website on the new civic and did not find one at all!! Nearest thing was the US one but that civic model is very different to the European version, even though it uses a few similar components.

Hmmmm a sub must be able to fit, need a how to on accessing the rear of the headunit!! SORT IT OUT! :lol:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey Civicg!!

I wasn't as imaginative as you when deciding on a username for here!! :lol:

I've got the Bassworks amp for mine but its deep inside the dash. I did have a tentitive look the other day, pulling off the lower sections of the passenger side footwell, but couldn't see it. I'm going to have a proper look soon though!!

J

·
Registered
230 Posts
yes i also want an aftermarket sub and an aftermarket amp connected on my civic. seems like hassle tho taking out the whole dash to look for the output slot. does the standard head unit support all this though?

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
The best way to do this is to take the speaker outputs (just the front pair) and feed them into an amp like this one from Alpine:
http://www.alpine-europe.com/content/english/a2328.det.MRP-F450_4-3-2-CHANNEL-POWER-AMPLIFIER.htm

and let it split the frequency range - sending HF to the fronts and LF to the 2 subs you install in the rear doors.

The boring bits to this plan are:

• Opening up the dash and finding the speaker wires.
    Trailing the wires to the amp and back again.
    Finding the existing rear speaker wires and sending them the amp.
    Fitting the amp somewhere!
Which is why I'll just settle for standard. [smilie=eye.gif]

·
Registered
230 Posts
thanks pottsy, the bassworks is pricy and i personally think the aftermarket sounds will do a much better job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts