2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The connects2 converter is here and the loom is on order - so this should be possible. As soon as I have it all strung together I'll post the details here...

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I'm VERY interested in this as I've just gone and bought a Griffin Road Trip to use in my Civic (when it finally shows up!), but would prefer something more 'hard wired'.......

I emailed a couple of places in the US, and indeed Dension themselves about a version of their superb ICE Link plus interfaces, but I kept getting the same "the car is still too new to have a product for yet" answer......Shame.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
...and me too plz, would like to hookup my iPod Nano for listening to PodCasts, currently using one of those FM radio transmitters but they are pretty poor quality.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Been doing some more digging around Pottsy, and it seems that in the US, their '06 Civics DO already have an MP3 solution -

http://www.bernardiparts.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=80KITXXXMUSICLINK

I know that the exterior of the US Civics are quite different to ours, but their interiors seem very similar indeed - especially the stereo unit.

Furthermore, this product looks for all intents and purposes, an OFFICIAL honda accessory.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slow progress I'm afraid - chased up the dealer for the loom (well, 2 plugs and a bit of wire) and they'd forgotten to order it...

Also - how much for the loom? £8? £16? £28???

No.

£91 :shock:

Will be here end of next week.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, the loom has arrived - and I spent a few hours today trying to get to the back of the radio. Got half the glove box off, but the centre console panel eluded me. The car is booked in to have the work done on the 14th (1.5 hours labour) so I have between now and then to either:

• Work it out for myself
    Get a service manual
    Give in and pay for it
Will keep trying, this car is not as easy to dismantle as a VW/Porsche/Audi/BMW/Peugeot/Toyota or any other car I've had in bits in the past.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Done it a few times before - and I have a special roll of sticky backed thin velvet stuff used by the trade to stop rattles...

Know what you mean though, but I've had most of it apart and the clips are really good on this car, so for once am not too worried.

Now taking the door trims off, that's a different matter... :p

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
I have requested a copy of the intranet page with the HU->CD CHANGER unit fitting instructions.

"That should not be a problem" was the reply.

Just sit and wait now :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have been doing quite alot of looking around on this subject, if you type civic ipod in google and look at the USA sites, there seems to be a solution for 2006 Civics (USA Type). Maybe it's transferable?

Local dealer seems to think something is available later this year.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No, mine's on the 14th. Giss and I have been doing a lot of work in the background on this, but nothing positive yet.

But, there will be success...

1 - 20 of 163 Posts