2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Each week i have to commute for four and a half hours. I'd like to be able to connect my iphone without using a FM transmitter. I'm wondering what the best solution is. I've read about a few solutions eg: Xcarlink, but people say its buggy and track names do not appear etc. I have a 2007 Ex with satnav so also require a y cable.

Has anyone found a good solution that works for them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards

·
Registered
143 Posts
I bought the Xcarlink and was not very impressed... no support for Ipod via USB and the AUX is ok at best. For me who uses only spotify on the iphone can´t use a standard USB stick.

I've now bought a honda Music Link from the US. Hoping that it will work better!

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
I have also just bought the honda music link :) Hopefully it doesn't take too long to come from the US!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi am new to forum i got my civic ES yesterday bit baffeled my USB dosent fit in im thinking i need the female USB adapter but not sure. Does anyone know???

·
2007 2.2 EX:-D
47 Posts
Hello All,

Each week i have to commute for four and a half hours. I'd like to be able to connect my iphone without using a FM transmitter. I'm wondering what the best solution is. I've read about a few solutions eg: Xcarlink, but people say its buggy and track names do not appear etc. I have a 2007 Ex with satnav so also require a y cable.

Has anyone found a good solution that works for them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards
Hey buddy, fitted my xcarlink onto my 07 EX, and I've got to say, it's brilliant. Sound quality great, steering wheel controls work fine, and it's easy enough to install with the tutorials on here.... Ipod usb adaptor works fine too. Only downside is track names don't appear, but in mode 1 it leaves the ipod completely controllable, so you could mount it viewable somewhere if you were really bothered but for me it's just a blessing to have my own tunes playing without changing CDs all the time! :eek:
It also has a SD card port, and aux plus usb on the latest version, all seem to work great but best quality I've found is through the ipod adapter. I should also add the Y cable works fine, no change to satnav ability and the cables all fit in tidily hidden away and snug!

Oh, plus xcarlink discount code available on here somewhere too!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi,
Any update about music link from Honda US versions? Does it work? What version and seller if possible?
Thank you

Got mine last week. Works great with our FKs. The LCD still says CDC instead of Ipod and there´s no way to get the names on the songs up on the screen but other than that it´s all you want it to be. Quick connection, great sound and rigid quality on all the cables etc.

Very pleased compared to my connects2.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Does this plug into the same slot as the reversing camera or is there another AUX port ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts