2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm by no means clever when it comes to this stuff but how do you connect your remote cable to the rear 12v socket? I've pulled it out and wired it to the orange/ yellow cable is that correct? Does it need to be connected to the black cable too? And if I've blown the fuse fiddling what fuse is it? I have no manual. Finally will my sub get power without the remote cable connected? As its not reading any power at all atm I'm a Tad lost as to where to ground the sub too :) thanks!

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
You can ground the sub to any metalic part of the car (the metallic nuts underneat the rear seat is a good place).
Also why do you wanna get the power for the sub remote from the rear 12V socket? Why dont you get it from the another source like maybe the battery or something?

Cheers
M

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
It was my understanding that you wire the power to your amp from the battery and then (I'm sure most amps have a trigger wire) you attach the trigger wire to the 12V socket so that when you turn on the ignition it will turn on the amp. ;)
+1

Don't directly connect your trigger wire / remote wire directly to the battery otherwise you'll have the amp on the sub switched on permanently.

Wire it to a switched accessory.

Whilst I wouldn't connect the remote wire to the 12v socket at the back myself, it is a switched accessory and others have done so with success.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Got my Remote on there,too. Just wire it to the yellow + cable as the other ones just ground and not needed for the remote.
Dont know the fuse right now, would have to take a look into the manual,too.

And yes,it would drain your battery if you attach it directly.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Its best for you to take 12volts from the battery, and get the remote from the back of the radio or as "Bog" says, tap into the fuse box... so when you turn on the radio, you got 12volts on the amp.

·
Derv Driver
465 Posts
Doesn't the remote wire usually carry 5V instead of 12?
Also, why connect it to the rear 12v socket at all? It will mean the amp is always on when you're driving, even when the HU itself is switched off? If you're running RCA's from the HU to the sub amp anyway, why not just route the remote wire with it?

Or is this a case where you're running a LOC from a rear speaker instead?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.