2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help.
I was changing my ARB bushes and after removing the plate on the passenger side I noiticed a connector hanging loose. What is it and where does it go?
I haven’t a clue. 309812C3-6816-40BB-8833-0AD174E3D2A7.jpeg F1F64EB2-A946-4822-BEA9-26D60DF7A291.jpeg

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Only a guess but maybe a Headlight leveler? - what bulbs came with your car as standard? I know the 9th Gen with HiDs has an auto leveler mechanism which adjusts according to the angle of the rear suspension I think...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only a guess but maybe a Headlight leveler? - what bulbs came with your car as standard? I know the 9th Gen with HiDs has an auto leveler mechanism which adjusts according to the angle of the rear suspension I think...
Thanks for your reply.
It’s underneath the underbody shield by the anti roll bar bush. I’m sure it’s not a headlight leveller.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I really mean is how can that sensor be connected to the HID lights. It’s so far away from them at the bottom of the gearbox?

·
Super Moderator
2,257 Posts
its connected to the suspension to sense when the car is pointing towards the sky and lower the lights

there for it has to be that far away from the headlights to do its job

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its connected to the suspension to sense when the car is pointing towards the sky and lower the lights

there for it has to be that far away from the headlights to do its job
Good explanation.
mine seems to come apart. It doesn’t click into the plastic holding cup.

·
Super Moderator
1,424 Posts
Gaffer tape to the rescue?

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
The sensor is over £300 new from Honda so worth investigating a fix. It’s also likely to be affecting your headlight aim and could be an MoT issue.

Sorry, I know that doesn’t help you fix it, but it may give an incentive to get creative.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts