2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
IT Works!

Just a quick update if anyone has been checking out this post. I fitted this kit yesterday and it works a charm i would highly recommend. Works with iPhone 3GS too [smilie=gt-happyup.:

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
Now that you've done yours you may have to mine now - I would like to have a more permanent solution for connecting my iphone/ipod....

·
Registered
26 Posts
My friend is a car installer, usually high-end cars such as Ferrari Enzos, Bentleys Continentals ect ect. I met up with him tonight, he has been working on an Aston Martin DB8, and constructed the best looking iPod/iPhone cradle ive ever seen in a car! I am trying to convince him to make more (he made it from scratch) for other model cars, it seriously looks like it is a factory part! I will try and get him to email me a picture of the one he fitted to the Aston Martin, and if enough people here are interested, I will get him a to make one for a Civic then try and get some molds done so he can sell them cheaper.

I will try and get a pic up here tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
My friend is a car installer, usually high-end cars such as Ferrari Enzos, Bentleys Continentals ect ect. I met up with him tonight, he has been working on an Aston Martin DB8, and constructed the best looking iPod/iPhone cradle ive ever seen in a car! I am trying to convince him to make more (he made it from scratch) for other model cars, it seriously looks like it is a factory part! I will try and get him to email me a picture of the one he fitted to the Aston Martin, and if enough people here are interested, I will get him a to make one for a Civic then try and get some molds done so he can sell them cheaper.

I will try and get a pic up here tomorrow!

I look foward to the photos

·
Registered
1 Posts
How well does it work?

Hi, I'm really tempted to get one of these for my 2006 EX - but can you access the iphone via the factory fitted stereo/steering wheel controls??? It's all I want!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
i was looking at this product too myself, saw a dice one for £99 but this is obviously a better price lol

just wondering if it will work with my 2006 satnav unit????

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update

I had a recent question from someone about this thread and it came to my attention this thread is really dated and the links are dead so here is a little info with updated links! Cheers

Hi

I purchased the Connects 2 kit for £49.99 from Dynamic Sounds (I have provided the link below) It works an absolute treat you can use your steering wheel controls to skip tracks however it wont display track names on the dashboard it just displays CDC and track the number as it takes advantage of your CD Changer socket on the back of the head unit.

Please bear in mind if you want to connect an iphone or iPod touch and you require the ability to charge your unit you will need to purchase the 12 - 5v converter for £9.99 which is also on the page I have linked below above the "add to cart" button. I would highly recommend this as it seems to charge my iPhone faster than the apple charger does.

Don't be put off by the picture on Dynamic Sound's website I can assure you it will fit your head unit. I was worried about this as i had to take my dash appart but it was fine and so easy to fit it took me about 45 min's.

The most difficult part was getting the dash off but there are plenty of guides on here, its really straight forward.

I hope this helps

Dan

Connects2 CTAHOIPOD001 iPod Adaptor For Honda Accord, Civic, Jazz, S2000

1 - 10 of 10 Posts