2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I just received my Pumpkin 2 Android head unit and C2 Civic Full Kit and intend to use this thread as a log of my install and to ask any questions that come up.

So far the questions I've been able to find solutions to most questions that came to mind by browsing the Wiki, How-To's and this section of the forum but I still have one or two unanswered. Here goes..

- Is it ok to attach the blue antenna wire to the amp-com or should I use the pre-bulleted blue wire on the C2?
- What do I attach the Illum wire to?
- My wireless reversing camera has an AUX and a single wire, I presume the single wire is the activation wire that goes to Reverse-In?
- The Fascia surround supplied with the C2 kit is too small in the horizontal dimension by about 1 - 2mm per side and covers the side buttons, I can't find one anywhere to fit so what's the best way to trim it for a good finish? (Unless someone knows where I can get one)

Thanks in advance for any help...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Additional question.

- Has anyone tried wiring up a powered USB hub to the cigarette lighter power?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Hi all

I just received my Pumpkin 2 Android head unit and C2 Civic Full Kit and intend to use this thread as a log of my install and to ask any questions that come up.

So far the questions I've been able to find solutions to most questions that came to mind by browsing the Wiki, How-To's and this section of the forum but I still have one or two unanswered. Here goes..

- Is it ok to attach the blue antenna wire to the amp-com or should I use the pre-bulleted blue wire on the C2?
- My wireless reversing camera has an AUX and a single wire, I presume the single wire is the activation wire that goes to Reverse-In?
- The Fascia surround supplied with the C2 kit is too small in the horizontal dimension by about 1 - 2mm per side and covers the side buttons, I can't find one anywhere to fit so what's the best way to trim it for a good finish? (Unless someone knows where I can get one)

Thanks in advance for any help...
Sorry I cannot help you here but you could pm x5252x on here as he seems to be the clued up on these units.
The double din you have bought is the same one I am going to buy so looking forward to hearing your views on it once its installed.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Good choice of stereo. Hope you remembered to use the 12% discount code!

A lot of this stuff has been answered on the forums already, and quite a bit in my own build log.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/galler...n-speaker-upgrade-sub-reversing-cam-more.html

Remember you can always use the search function of the forum to get closer to the answers you are looking for. There is a lot of great information out there.

The unit should have a dedicated ANT wire, but if not the AMP wire would work. Do not use the blue wire from the Connects2 wiring, it controls the "Honda Civic" / date display on the clock screen.

The illumination wire should be part of the ISO connector. If not, you can either just cut the wire from the Connects2 wiring and crimp/solder them together, but my preference would be to buy the crimp terminal for the ISO connector.

Or, just not connect it. The function of the wire is that when you turn your car lights on, the head unit buttons should light up and the screen dim. If it is not connected the buttons will always be lit and the screen will not dim automatically.

Yes. Let us know how the wireless camera works out. I know a couple people who tried them and then bought wired ones quite quickly...

This is very common with the unbranded head units.

Just carefully file the inside of the black plastic rectangle you got with the fascia. As long as you file it square and don't file way too much off no one will be able to tell.

- Has anyone tried wiring up a powered USB hub to the cigarette lighter power?
The one I used required a 5v input, not 12v, so you may also need a converter unless you can find a USB hub that runs off 12v.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it's in but not in the way I'd like. I've not put the reversing camera or receiver in yet and I've not done the USB hub. I'm going to try re-fitting it at a later day as the fascia panels aren't quite lining up properly on the bottom left and the top horizontal panel isn't quite sitting flat there it buts up to the HU fascia. I also not trimmed the surround trim as yet.

Something I didn't realize at first was that I had to move over the retaining clips from the old fascia to the new one, I spent about an hour wondering why it wouldn't clip in properly!

I also have e problem with the GPS not working with the weather applet but working fine with everything else ?? anyone else had a similar problem?

Other than that the sound is phenomenal!

·
Registered
153 Posts
hi xs. have decided on an android unit myself thinking of the same one you have bought or this one

Pumpkin Universal Car DVD Player Android 4.4 OS Quard Core 6.95 Inch Double DIN Supporting Mirror-link/Bluetooth/3G/WIFI

the latter does not have a cd player but to be honest i have never used the standard one in the car yet. it does though give me the option of adding dab if i decide to do so. how have you found the radio reception on your unit is it ok. did you also get the surround trim sorted and are all the steering wheel controls working ok. would appreciate your feedback xs

cheers rich

·
Registered
146 Posts
Do all the fascias have to have retaining clips moved over? I got a connects2 fascia but didn't move any clips over? Maybe why mine is rattling.....

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Do all the fascias have to have retaining clips moved over? I got a connects2 fascia but didn't move any clips over? Maybe why mine is rattling.....
Yes, you need to transfer the clips.

·
Registered
388 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts