2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm not sure if this will work yet but here goes. Trying to add photos but apparently I need 5 posts first?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, having previously made do with an FM transmitter to play music from my phone I wanted to add a Connects2 aux-in unit after reading a few posts on here about them. Yes I know there are other options but this was the route I decided to go down. My car is an EX model with sat-nav so I got the Y splitter cable as well.

I wanted to make the install as neat and tidy as possible so decided on fitting the unit under the main stereo chassis. There is enough space for this thankfully even with the extra cabling involved.

I used some little 2 pin connectors to enable me to fit a 3.5mm jack socket on the stereo fascia. The socket is held on with a nut and then a small blob of araldite for reinforcement.

The end result looks pretty neat and tidy I think and I'm pleased how it turned out as it was a bit of a one shot deal getting the socket in the right place without making a mess of the fascia.

The improvement in sound quality over the FM transmitter is very noticeable so I'm very happy I did this. Just need to get an extra short jack lead now to plug in to my phone.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, I'm very happy how it turned out myself. :grin2:

I have noticed I get a slight bit of interference if I'm charging my phone at the same time as playing music but it is only slight. I'm wondering whether to get a Bluetooth adapter to plug into the aux and if that would still have the same interference.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Connects2 kit cost just under £30 which included the 'Y' cable needed for the sat-nav version. The little aux input was about £2. I've also now just taken delivery of a little 15cm 3.5mm jack lead for about £2 as well. The little white connectors I've had laying around for a while so can't remember how much they cost but they weren't expensive either. Everything sourced off good old eBay.

Although the thought of having to rip out the centre console to get access to the stereo seems like a daunting prospect its actually quite a simple and straightforward job. Taking it all out also allowed me to clean out 12 years worth of accumulated muck and fluff from underneath the plastics. You wouldn't think so much crap would get in there really.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
That's the daunting bit for me, tearing out the dash! Don't suppose you still have a link to the ebay connect2 kit do you? :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Item number 181136049082

Taking out all the centre console really isn't as difficult as it seems, just have a look on youtube there's plenty of videos on there showing how to do it. Or even on here no doubts.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the next step has been to add a Bluetooth adapter to the aux input. It works a treat and the added bonus now is that I can charge the phone without causing any interference.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
So the next step has been to add a Bluetooth adapter to the aux input. It works a treat and the added bonus now is that I can charge the phone without causing any interference.

Where did you find the BT module dude? That'd be handy. ??

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tesco £25. There are other Bluetooth units around but this one ticked quite a few boxes so I picked it up on Monday. Sound quality seems really decent, hard to tell if there is any difference from being wired into the aux directly.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Tesco £25. There are other Bluetooth units around but this one ticked quite a few boxes so I picked it up on Monday. Sound quality seems really decent, hard to tell if there is any difference from being wired into the aux directly.
Nice. Thanks pal
Appreciate that.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
You really have done well with your set up and gave me a few ideas! I wonder if it will be possible to plug in the connect 2 module via under the glove box as people have managed with the reversing camera? Could hopefully leave all the wires and bluetooth unit in the glove box... if i could figure out a way to keep it charged that is :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't see why not. Anything is possible its just a case of figuring out the how. At the very least it would be a case of just extending the wiring connections and then routing them where required.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I can't see any images but this sounds amazing! Is there anywhere in particular to grab these parts? Definitely my next job!

·
Registered
173 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts