2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first off apologies if this has already been covered.

I've recently installed a Sony WX-GT90BT using the CTKHD01 Connects2 fascia kit. Everything's working fine, however I'm getting really bad radio reception. I noticed that there was a stray blue wire coming from the aerial adaptor which I didn't connect at the time as I didn't think it was necessary.

I believe it's meant to meant to amplify the signal which would be very helpful in my situation! Does anyone know what I can to connect it to? I noticed on one of the patch leads I think there were what looked like female banana plug sockets, a blue and a pink one. Would connecting it to the blue one help? I don't want to have to take off all the trim again and risk breaking clips if it doesn't do anything!

Failing that does anyone know what else could be the source of the problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I decided to stop being a lazy ass and opened everything back up to see what I could do. Basically I taped up the blue aerial lead to a blue lead that was coming from the harness connected to the back of the head unit. It's improved the reception quality on the majority of the stations. Before, it wasn't even getting the station names. Looks to have solved the problem for now!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Interesting read. I'm a new owner of a 2008 civic and considering at some point fitting a double din with DAB etc. Reading about this kit is useful. I'd not actually seen that one on their website. I'd been looking at another one that's slightly more expensive.

Not sure what the difference is, but the more expensive one looks maybe a little more simple?

Chad.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
I decided to stop being a lazy ass and opened everything back up to see what I could do. Basically I taped up the blue aerial lead to a blue lead that was coming from the harness connected to the back of the head unit. It's improved the reception quality on the majority of the stations. Before, it wasn't even getting the station names. Looks to have solved the problem for now!
I gave up on listening to the radio! Now I know how to fix this I've got to take it apart at some point! Took ages fitting it already!

Going to give that a try when it's warmer!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up soldering the connection, and while it did improve the quality of the reception it's still far from perfect. I guess I'll just have to live with it, it's only when the missus is in the car that I have to listen to the radio anyway!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts