2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
The blue wire is a connection for an amp, from reading around, the pink is used to control the text display on the original radio's display.
yeah, i think if you connect the pink wire to a 12v source then your date/temp display will read 'Honda Civic' instead of displaying time and date.

i didnt do this so never tested it out

Reactions: bennyboi2005

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
would i need to use this blue cable if my radio already has an amp remote cable? or can i just tape it up
The remote wire simply tells the amp when to turn on i believe, so if you already have one then you would only need to use one :)

Someone correct me if im wrong...

Reactions: bennyboi2005

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Just noticed you have a matt white R. How does the vinyl hold up mate? any noticeable weather defects or chips starting to show?

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
yeah, i think if you connect the pink wire to a 12v source then your date/temp display will read 'Honda Civic' instead of displaying time and date.

i didnt do this so never tested it out
So am I right in thinking you simply taped up pink and by default, the display switches to the time/date display?

How do you adjust these values? From the new unit??

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
So am I right in thinking you simply taped up pink and by default, the display switches to the time/date display?

How do you adjust these values? From the new unit??
What has been said in this thread so far is correct.

Blue is a remote signal you connect to an amp or similar.

Pink is for the display, either the date when not connected to anything, or "Honda Civic" when connected to 12v I believe.

You alter the time/date by holding "Mode" on the steering wheel, then use VOL and CH +/-.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts