2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me i have some questions i cant find anything on
1 Do i need another gadget to connect my mp3 to the connects2 , if so any recomendations
2 Is the install fairly easy or should i get autoleckie to do it , if autoleckie how much?
any help would be very much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
You need an appropriate cable from the mp3 player to the connects2 box, if you do not already have it. This is easily available.

Easy depends on what you think is easy.
For some it is a walk in the park, for others a nightmare...

·
Registered
712 Posts
The Connects2 comes with a 2x Phono to stereo jackplug lead so you can plug this straight into the headphone socket of your MP3 player. The fitting is really easy in that you just plug the supplied lead into the CDC (CD Changer) port on the back of the head unit (if you have sat nav you also need another lead from Honda) the hard bit is you need to dismantle a fair portion of the middle of the dashboard to get access.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I know this has been posted before, but to save looking for it check out: Car Stereo Fitting | Car Stereo Removal | Remove Car Stereo Advice | Fit Car Stereo Help

I think it demonstrates that it is pretty easy to get the dash apart even though it looks like major surgery at first.
The only bit they've missed out is the removal of two nuts under the head unit, but that's obvious when you get there.
There's plenty of detailed stuff in the Wiki section of Civinfo which should answer any other questions you should have.
I have an EX, and ended up splicing the Satnav wires (3) into the Connects2 lead, which was quite easy.
I hate pulling new cars apart, and would normally get this sort of thing done professionally, but in this case, it really is fairly straightforward.
Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Guys, I just discovered this forum, I have a question and I hope you should be helpful to me!!
I need a weblink for buying the connects2 box for my typeS non NAVI.I found it in Italian sites but the cost is incredibly high.
So anyone can help me????

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts