2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i'm trying to get my head around the Connects2 install before i start ripping all my interior out to fit the new head unit, but i am slightly confused by the Connects2 wiring instructions, specifically the Pink & Blue wires shown

All it says is Pink Wire - Speed Pulse
Blue/White Wire - Amp Remote

Do these need wiring up (i am not fitting an Amp) and if so, what should they be wired to

Link to installation instructions

http://www.connects2downloads.co.uk/c2/files/InstallationGuides/CTSHO002.pdf

I have read the Wiki, and as many guides as i can find, and not one mention of these 2 wires being wired up

Oh, and i'm fitting an Eonon Android head unit, if that makes any difference

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
From memory:

The blue wire you will need to connect to the other blue wire coming from the FM antenna so that it can power the FM Amp (not speaker Amp).
If you've got the civic aerial adapter, you'll see the loose blue cable coming from that.

Pink wire I think is for things like SVC (speed volume control). Let's the head unit know how fast the car is so it can compensate the volume accordingly. I didn't connect that on mine since the head unit I got doesn't support it.
If your head unit does support it, I'm sure it will provide instructions on how to connect it.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one, cheers, that makes sense

Looking at the wiring for the new head unit, it doesn't make any mention to speed pulse (or anything of the sort), so i guess i can just ignore that wire then

And yes i do have the Civic aerial adaptor, but there is also a free blue wire (labelled auto antenna) coming out the back of the head unit too, i guess i'll just have to try connecting the aerial to each one, and see which gives me 12v

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Ahh, okay. That sounds familiar for what was on mine too. I honestly can't remember what configuration I went with in the end, so a little trial an error might be needed before you put everything back together!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh, okay. That sounds familiar for what was on mine too. I honestly can't remember what configuration I went with in the end, so a little trial an error might be needed before you put everything back together!
Yeah, thats the plan, i just like to get it all straight in my head before i start doing jobs like this, nothing worse than having to stop halfway through and asking for help, then waiting hours for a reply, lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not really good practice to be doing stuff with electrics without one. They cost peanuts these days. Like THIS one at random.
It was said somewhat "tongue in cheek"

I can borrow one from work, but figured it would be just as easy to connect it to each and see which worked, can't do any damage surely

But yes, i will borrow a voltmeter and stick it across the terminals to see which gives 12v

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So was my post. Just thought that I would point out to all and sundry just how little you have to pay for a multimeter these days.
OK, not the finest quality, but will do the job.
Touche

Strange thing is, i'm a mechanical design engineer, but i absolutely hate anything remotely electrical, so try to do as little of it as possible

Give me a mechanical problem any day of the week over something involving electrickery :laugh2:

·
Oldboy-racer
908 Posts
It rook ne a while to figure it out but C2 blue wire is not powered. It changes the car display so when the head is on then it says "Civic" otherwise it gives the date when head is off. It needs to be connected to the blue power signal line from the head, but it can only take a small current so don't go powering an amp with it.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
It rook ne a while to figure it out but C2 blue wire is not powered. It changes the car display so when the head is on then it says "Civic" otherwise it gives the date when head is off. It needs to be connected to the blue power signal line from the head, but it can only take a small current so don't go powering an amp with it.

so if it is connected it will always say civic when ignition is on, prefer the date tbh??
Mine is not connected as i use DAB and have a dash cam at the rear which disrupts the FM signal anyway !

·
Oldboy-racer
908 Posts
so if it is connected it will always say civic when ignition is on, prefer the date tbh??
Mine is not connected as i use DAB and have a dash cam at the rear which disrupts the FM signal anyway !
If just want the date then leave it disconnected, yes. But it doesn't have anything to with the aerial, that is just used for the power take off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts