2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I think I probably already know the answer to this question... but

On a 2015 (facelift) Civic with the touchscreen media screen, if I removed this, and fitted an Android Auto headunit

I would lose all of the car's trip computer etc?
Right?

What else would be the downsides to doing this

Would the secondary screen (near the speed) also stop working?

Basically... trying to work out if I get a car without sat nav.. and installed an aftermarked HU with Android Auto - what the consequences of doing so would be.

Question also applies to pre facelift too..

Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please could anyone confirm?

Im looking at a few 2015 models today, £4000 price range between SE trime and SR trim - so it would be really good to know if I got one without sat-nav and then planned to change the headunit for an Anroid Audio Double Din unit - if I would lose the iMid doing this... (that little screen near the speed display)

There must be someone out there who has changed the headunit who could confirm if the iMid still works with an aftermarket HU?

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
21,007 Posts
Be patient, you didn't ask till half eight yesterday evening.

You should get a reply today, assuming anyone has used a Connects with a 9G.

While your waiting, perform a search in the 9G forum using "Connects2", I got 36 threads, maybe one of them has the info ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Interesting, where are you seeing a few 2015 Civics for £4k ish. The cheapest one in AutoTrader is £6.5k. £4k doesn't sound right to me.

·
Wizard
84 Posts
As far as I am aware, there is no Connects2 for Navi unit yet - either the Android or Alpine (Premium Sound System).

The one they have for sale CTSHO006.2 says it won't work with connect system. If you look at the image below, you can see the connectors on the unit are different compared to the kit.

In addition to that, the i-Mid also has different connectivity when compared to the unit from a non-Navi car. Possibility because it provides connectivity to the CANbus - Not 100% sure here, but I think replacement of the HU would also include replacement of the i-Mid and some dark wizardry to the connector.

Basically, replacing the stock Android unit would be a complete nightmare. I have asked Connects2 if they're ever provide a kit of the Navi unit, their response: "Unfortunately at present we do not have an interface for vehicle with the Honda Connect radio. It is possible we will have a solution for this vehicle in the future."

This is all a wild guess - so don't rely on this 100%

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'm even more confused now!

I've read quite a few posts on here where people have changed the headunit, some successfully.. others not (loss of audio) but it wasn't clear whether they were pre-FL (2012-2014) or post-FL (2015+) models.

One of the cars I am very interested in is a 2014 EX GT model with the Alpine Premium Audio system (inc nav etc) - the one with buttons either side of the screen... but I know full-well that I would like to change the headunit to an Android Auto one... but I'm not sure if this is possible.. it is pre-FL, premium audio (subwoofer in boot) etc

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know my with my 2008 civic the connects2 just went straight into the CD changer input, does the facelift model have one? if so have a look around to see if there's a box that might fit into that input, thats the best bet until theres a connects2 specifically for that model, alternatively you could visit a car audio shop and they *might* be able to help you out, not 100% sure though, sorry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts