2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently upgraded from my Civic Type S GT to a Type R GT. My plan was to swap the existing aftermarket double din with the Connects2 adapter into my new car (should just be a straight swap)

After removing the radio and all the wiring and installing it into the Type R my climate control/clock screen is acting strange, it is getting power but all the characters on the screen are permanently on making it unreadable. Also my steering wheel controls have stopped working.

The radio/screen and steering wheel controls were all working perfectly in my old Type S, I dont know what could have happened during the swap? I reinstalled the stock radio back into the Type R to check that the temp/clock screen was working ok and it is working fine, just not when connected through the Connects2 module.

Has anyone had a similar experience or have any ideas what the issue could be?

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Have you tried reconnecting them in a different order ?? I am sure that they need to be reconnected in a certain sequence for the sterring wheel controls to work!
I would give that a go as tbh no reason why they should nt work.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Yeah you are supposed to connect the power to the module last. I have tried this too.
I think I have a dead module. Ill order a replacement. Thanks for the help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts