2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been given a price supplied and fitted including ipod lead for £200 + vat.

What do you think guys?

·
Registered
712 Posts
so fitting is £150!! seems dear, saying that do you have the satnav if so you also need a lead from Honda which is about £90 so fitting is then about £60 so not too bad, say 2 hours

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx Guys.......No don't have Sat Nav!

Thought it was a bit over priced too say the least!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Thx Guys.......No don't have Sat Nav!

Thought it was a bit over priced too say the least!

In that case it's dear, the Connects2 can be got for £40 or less.
I had a Connects2 (which I bought myself) plus a Parrot 3100 car kit and an Acoustic Solutions ICS100 DAB tuner (also bought myself) fitted for £150. I believe the Parrot units are around £90 so fitting of them was £60. Now that was 'mates rates' but he said to anyone else it would have been £200.

·
Registered
299 Posts
ordered my connects 2 on sunday with the ipod connection for 65 quid. getting it fitted for 30 (mates rate) but wouldn't expect it cost much more than that. so does seem a bit steep

·
Registered
2 Posts
Newbie!

Hi everyone, I am new to all this but really would like a question answering. I hope I am posting this in the right section!
I have recently bought a Honda Civic Diesel EX (with satnav) (brand new 2008 reg)
I really want to plug my ipod/mp3 player into an auxillary socket which the car doesn't have. I have asked my local installer who can usually do most things but he said they can't do it on this model. I rang the Honda dealer I got the car from and they said no, they can't help me (except for an actual ipod adapter which I don't want).
It seems to me by reading previous messages that you can fit an aux in socket, would I be right in thinking this will also apply to my model and year? I have tried two different FM transmitters both of which I was dissapointed by the sound quality.

Thanks all v much

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Hi everyone, I am new to all this but really would like a question answering. I hope I am posting this in the right section!
I have recently bought a Honda Civic Diesel EX (with satnav) (brand new 2008 reg)
I really want to plug my ipod/mp3 player into an auxillary socket which the car doesn't have. I have asked my local installer who can usually do most things but he said they can't do it on this model. I rang the Honda dealer I got the car from and they said no, they can't help me (except for an actual ipod adapter which I don't want).
In Car Entertainment - Civinfo Wiki

It seems to me by reading previous messages that you can fit an aux in socket, would I be right in thinking this will also apply to my model and year?
Yes

·
Registered
95 Posts
Seems dear, also tread carefully. I have been quoted by H******s and a local supplier but found that both were proposing the Connects 2 FM system that connects through the aerial and doesn't give control from the steering wheel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts