2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. so i got my civic today (finally!) and love it (Its a 57 Civic Type-R).. but there are some things i want to renew/replace.

So i just wonderd if anyone could recomend what i should buy and where i should buy from and also if i shouldnt buy at all the following;

Xeon lights (I think thats what im after.. the bright white lights)
Replacement Type-R mats
Type R Badge/Decal set (Mine only has the Type-R badge on the back)

Also if you could give me the name of any reliable accessory sites or shops that would be great.

Thank you.

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
Ok mate sounds good, so for your xenon's or HID's speak to Mr JP on the forum he sells his own HID kits, they look great and very reasonably priced too :) I think you'll get your badge kit from here for cheapest:

Genuine Honda Civic Type-R Rear Splitter (All Colours) - £289.79 : Cox Motor Parts Direct - Genuine Honda Brakes Clutches & Accessories

Have a look on touge distribution website for all JDM parts and accessories! There are plenty of sites out there if you google what your looking for but just beware there are a lot of fakes out there, I generally take the approach that if it's not bloody expensive it's fake! Lol I like the wind deflectors mate, I have Team Heko ones, good few people have them, only £30 from j&j automotive they have an eBay store, what else you thinking about?

Hope that helps a bit :)

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
They won't be genuine tho! Depends on how much that matters to you though I suppose
I know they are not that's why they are £5. They look the same.

I can't think why someone would pay Honda £75 for two stickers and a plastic badge!

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
skunk2 gearknob would be a nice interior addition matey

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all very much for your information, will be looking into all the options as soon as i can.

Not got anything else planned atm, but always have my eye open!

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
gers on here is your man for decals etc.....

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Hi mate, congrats on the the new car.

You mentioned mats - I think among the cheapest for brand new are Holdcroft Honda in Staffordshire and Lancaster Honda - both have eBay shops.

Or, keep an eye on the for sale section as used / nearly new sets often come up.

If you are interested in the Skunk2 I bought mine from Funky Power Japanese performance car parts, cheapest Japanese car accessories UK, JDM car parts (I think quite a few users have purchased from them, very good service)

Someone else mentioned Heko wind deflectors from J&J Automotive (eBay seller) - again, I can recommend them

For replacement bulbs or HIDs look no further than our very own Mr JP

Only other cosmetic mod I have done is the aluminium tank lid, which was also from Lancaster Honda. Expensive, but looks great

See my thread for more info / pix.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/styling/50017-first-styling-mods-my-type-r.html

Happy modding mate, be warned it's addictive...!!!

Cheers

Nick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts