2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the decision to collect the user manual and satnav instruction book early when the car arrived at the dealers.

I have read both a few times there is an awful lot to take in.

When I collect the car next weekend one of the jobs will be to setup the SatNav, Radio frequencies, CC options, etc.

Now it seems to me that the SatNav is going to take quite a while to get setup (hour ?) and to do that you need the key in accessory position 2 which is full ignition mode.

Surely this is going to flatten the battery as it will not yet have the full charge until I have put some mileage on?

Any ploys?

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And in reality it only takes a few minutes to set up.
I suppose I am talking complete twaddle as it all probably makes a lot more sense sense when you are actually sat sitting in front of it.

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
A good dealer would have most of it paramatised so you can use it when you pick it up, and should give you a demo. Easiest thing is get him/her to demo by putting in your address, and let the car direct you home. Drive right past your house then find a nice country road and have a good time getting to learn the car

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Don't worry Kremmen We have all sat in our cars for hours in the drive fiddling ;-)

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:)

I have printed out a list of first day fiddling like radio stations, trip computer preferences, etc.

Being as I do 40 miles a day (20 each way work & back) I reckon come the following weekend I will have enough confidence in a fully charged battery to do the SatNav settings.

I just remember the old days when if you sat with the ignition on for any prolonged length of time without the engine running you could do all sorts of electronic damage.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Kremmen,
Despite what the manual says, the satnav can be set up in ACC(1) position, no need to have the ignition on.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can it indeed :)

Excellent stuff - thanks

One of the pitfalls of only having the manual, I assume too much.

Busy few hours at the weekend then.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Can it indeed :)

Excellent stuff - thanks

One of the pitfalls of only having the manual, I assume too much.

Busy few hours at the weekend then.
What on earth are you intending to change on the Sat Nav?
Don't mess with to much as it is really set up very well to start with.

Ian

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Home Location.

Dozen or so favourites (looks like there is some detail to be inserted, if required, like phone numbers, associating icons in groups, etc).

Change from default 'North Up' (always like to have the display the way I'm heading).

Not going to fiddle with the hidden stuff except for permanent display of the true vehicle speed via GPS.

Anything else I've missed :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts