2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am hoping for some advice to convert the headlights of my American LHD 9th Gen Honda Civic to RHD for the UK. I have moved here permanently, and apparently the mask stickers will not suffice for the government inspection that I need to pass (though for some reason are perfectly acceptable for MOT) in order to get the car registered here.

I have been told that RHD headlights were not created for the 9th gen American cars because they did not make them for the Japanese market for those years -- basically I am being told by my garage/electrician/Honda that the headlights don't exist and I am SOL.

Does anyone have any advice of an aftermarket headlights that might work or a way to convert? It only has to work for a day or so to pass the test, so even if there are headlights for another car that might almost fit well enough to pull off the inspection and then I can switch back to my originals with masks?

Please forgive my ignorance, I am not a car person... I was told that I wouldn't have to register my car here, spent the money to import it, and now actually do have to register it, so now I'm hoping all the money I spent bringing it over here isn't for nothing...

Thanks friends.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Best I can think is to get cheap non hid projectors installed and swap out the shields. I would think that would be easier than looking for an rhd set of headlights for a model that never came to rhd countries, although I think it did come to some Caribbeans in rhd. Then again I may be wrong.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree with peniole, if you intend to keep you car and not sell it on then get a reputable shop to do a projector conversion, and they can make sure its legal and appropriate for the UK. Also send some pictures of your USDM civic, it's something new for us to see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts