2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on a scale of 1 to 10. 10 being very good. How cold does the "coller" glove box keep your drinks cold?? I was hoping for at least a score of 5 to keep me maggots calm.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
It's difficult. It all depends on your climate control settings. The cooler the air running through your glove box, and the higher fan speed, the better. In cool weather, if your AC is barely or not being used, the glove box will be no good for cooling.

In cold weather your glovebox 'cooler' will be a heater!

If you want a strong cooling effect, set your temp and fan speed manually for really cold air.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Bungle said:
In cold weather your glovebox 'cooler' will be a heater!
That's interesting - I never thought of it like that.......maybe Honda could promote the fact that during the winter months, the glovebox doubles as a toastie machine!!!!!!
:D :D

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
With the amount of crap in mine, it would make great paninis

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
You can close-off the vent in the winter if you don't want to melt any choccy bars.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Since there's a separate climate control for both the driver and the passenger, why not have a separate setting for the glove box as well? (Sorry for the obvious, dumb question that warrants a simple explanation)

·
Registered
178 Posts
further to skaven's question - with dual zone, whose settings control the temperature in the coolbox?

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Its the passengers control, just tried it, it also gets bloody warm when on hi.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
richierich said:
In other words, drive sensibly when the wife is in the car or she may decide to give you a warm beer at your next stop! :shock:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Problem is Steve, as I found out whilst attempting to freeze the missus, as soon as the passenger touches the temp control it switches back to dual mode.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
richierich said:
Grilled ladybird, anyone ?. :wink:

·
Registered
975 Posts
lol

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I guess you have had it removed, did they offer to let you keep it?

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
As a sign of respect, should our ladybird be NIGHT HAWK BLACK ?? :cry:

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
elfa7 said:
As a sign of respect, should our ladybird be NIGHT HAWK BLACK ?? :cry:
He got removed with an airline. I suspect he's still around in there, but just not on display :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts