2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am told the glove box in the Civic is cooled so you can keepy things like chocolate bars etc cooled during car journeys.

Is this function always switched on?

Does it only cool the glovebox when you have the aircon on then?

If I have the heater on blowing hot air, dows hot air get blown into the glovebox?

Hope someone can answer my questions!

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is a rounded thing (ops i don't remember how to say in english) internally in the upper place of the glove box and if you turn it counter clockwise it will open a hole that give exactly the same air that you had set in the heater. So if you want cold air in the glove box you must turn AC on and set lower temperatures.

·
Registered
19 Posts
the glove box has a vent at the top which you open when you want to cool or warm up the glove box or leave it shut if you don't want to alter the temperature.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
A bit of a con (sorry for the pun) really. Useful but in reality just redirected flow from the aircon.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spile your full of Hot Air.......I want Cold Air to keep my Chocolate cool! ;)

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
having not tried this function (chocolate that hangs around long enough to get put into a glovebox?!) - for those of us with dual zone air con, which side does it vent from?

Would the wife's chocolate melt if she has her side on 25 and I have mine on 20?

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
I had ice cream in mine for about 30 minutes the other day, it was really hot outside and the ice cream stayed frozen :D

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
I had ice cream in mine for about 30 minutes the other day, it was really hot outside and the ice cream stayed frozen :D

such a good car the civic:)

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
What did you have ice cream in your glovebox for TC, surely its better in your freezer, bit of a long walk from the living room to get a bowl full!!! :D

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
It's handy on hot days when the air con is pumping out cool air, but it's more of a novelty than anything else, I've never really used it much to be honest although it does keep my Oakleys nice and cool!

·
Administrator
21,236 Posts
I can see in the summer when we pile off down the coast that the glovebox will be loaded with cans of pop and bars of chocolate being suitably chilled. :)

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Actually smartie pants - one of the things that I listed (amongst others) as liking the car was the cooled glovebox [smilie=tongue.gif]
......AND YOU CAN'T BEAT COOLED GLOVES ON A HOT DAY!

"Useful shopping tip: Shoes available for just one pound at our local bowling alley!"

Sorry, didn't mean to shout!

Charles H.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Did we establish then, that the air in the glovebox comes out at the same temperature of the passengers side? On cars with dual Zone?

Therefore, Charles, you could have warmed gloves?

- Good I suppose for takeaways, if this is the case..

·
Administrator
21,236 Posts
A passenger could always put their feet in there on a cold day when it's blowing warm [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Well, for me it's useful over summer as I usually keep a bottle of water there :)

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Then better get an automotive cooling box with an accumulator, what if you have to leave the car for 2 hours in summer?
I'm sure like everything else once it has been cooled down it will take time to get back to a 'normal temp' just like if you kept the glovebox warm it would take time to cool down.

I'm sure that if you were keeping something cool in the glovebox and left it off for 2 hours it would be alright, but maybe not so good for keeping something frozen if left off for a couple of hours.

As summer has passed I cannot give an update on if you can leave it two hours with chocolate in it and it still be cold, however I will be able to next year as my Dad is determined to try it out!

His first recation to the car was, that version has the refrigated glovebox. Means you can keep chocolate in it. Em no Dad, I don't even want a glovebox and its not getting filled with useless stuff!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts