2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there meant to be manual control in the glovebox to turn this off. In the winter everything gets very hot! Previous Mini had a flap so you could control the airflow?

thanks

·
Dandy Don
170 Posts
I think its on the upper part of the glovebox.

If you put your hand in and reach up the way (palm facing up) you should feel it!

I think its only on the Type-R GT if I am not mistaken!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just checked mine. Just a hole no flap or control feels like there should be. Can anyone check before I go to the dealers?

thanks

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
On my 1,8 LHD there is a circular open / close vent on the "ceiling" of the glovebox on the left side.
Right at the begining of the glovebox (ie close to the passenger).

(So maybe to the right on a RHD car).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just visited the dealers and checked out another type r gt and it has a circular twist vent. My one is definatly missing. Car needs to be booked in to get sorted under warranty!

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
i used mine to cool some beers on an hour journey! worked a treat! stopped at the garage to buy some at the start then by the time i got to my friends i had some chilly beers! although i did have to have the aircon on and got a bit chilled myself!

·
Strange Engineer
124 Posts
i used mine to cool some beers on an hour journey! worked a treat! stopped at the garage to buy some at the start then by the time i got to my friends i had some chilly beers! although i did have to have the aircon on and got a bit chilled myself!
That's the downside. I hate airco and only turn it on if it's really hot, 35 degrees orso. But I think you could close all vents in the car and only open the one in the glovebox. You'll stay nice and warm but will have cold beers :beerglass:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts